005 : "we're coworkers"

season five , episode one ; reform

chapter five

where it's the start of it all

The ideal partner for the new addition to the group became a game of hot potato. She was partnered with Jay earlier and it was insanely awkward. Now she was with Burgess and the woman was nice but too nice for Hailey's liking. When you were a cop , you have an edge to you and Burgess was just too nice in this job, Hailey was hoping she broke sooner or later.

"So Adam seems interested into you ?" Kim asked as they went back to the car. Hailey sat in the passenger while Kim got in the driver's and drove off.

"Uh I guess ?"

"He's a great guy."

"Burgess, please do not tell me he put you up to this."

"No , he didn't." Kim smiled at her before turning back to the road. "I just see he tries to flirt with you a lot and it's noticeable."

"Yeah , it is and I thought after three months of him trying he would give up by now ?"

"He's not going to give up, he's very...-"

"Head strong ? Stubborn ? Fiercely annoying ?"

"All of those fit him." Kim spoke with a laugh. "But I could see you two being together. You're like all serious and cool and he's like childish and annoying. I think you could tame him."

"What is he ? An animal ?"

"You haven't seen that side yet so I wouldn't worry about that."

"Oh please do not tell me he's crazy behind the badge-"

"No , no he's not. Adam's very.....impulsive ?" Kim said with a cringeful look. "Sometimes selfish but when it gets down to it , he's an idiot but an idiot you can trust. He's just a big doofus sometimes."

"Yeah I got that part already."

Kim parked back at the precinct and the two got out before going up to the bullpen to see Hank Voight leaning against his doorframe to his office.

"Any luck with the gang unit ?"

Both of the women shook their heads as he let out an audible sigh. Kim finally spoke as they kept walking towards him.

"No , we look through a lot of photos but-"

"These bangers have to be new in this clique." Hailey cut her off and Kim nodded. The blonde detective wanted Kim to cut her off so bad and make her apologize to cut her off but Kim either didn't care or wasn't going to say anything anyway.

"It's been eight hours and we still got no lead on the shooter ?"

Both of the women shook their heads and Adam Ruzek came around the corner with a tablet in his hands. Hailey eyed his outfit. He was wearing a blue and white checkboard short sleeve shirt with a grey tank top underneath and blue jeans and brown boots.

He sure loved a plaid print.

"I got something." Adam said as he walked over. "I dumped the biker's phone to find two texts to a burner. "

He made his way over and Hailey looked over at the tablet to see what he was talking about since he stood beside her.

"They were discussing something about some thumpers. Recipient's name is Lil GG. Maybe one of our shooters."