038 : " we're good "

chapter thirty eight

season six , episode ten ; brotherhood

where his idea becomes his plan

"Antonio , we gotta get you out here

"Antonio , we gotta get you out here." Hank said , placing his hand on Antonio's shoulder. "Take your gun and now give me your phone and go."

Antonio's heart started racing as he took many quick breaths. He knew he fucked up and he fucked up bad. He had gotten his daughter kidnapped and possibly raped because of his drug addiction and killed a man in a drug fueled rage. He messed up and he had to get Voight to fix it.

"It's all right , I got this." Hank reassured him and Antonio shakily nodded before turning and running out. The Sergeant turned to Adam Ruzek before handing him Antonio's phone. "Put this in your car. The phone comes up ? Say Antonio left it in there."

"Copy that."

"You arrive on scene. You came around that corner , through that door. You witnessed me and the offender engaged in a physical altercation-"

"Now hold on , hold on." Adam said shaking his head.

"That you witnessed Rizzo-"

"No , no , no , no-"

Hank put his hand up. This wasn't time for Adam to argue , it wasn't. Ambo was just right down the street and they had to have a plan before patrol and ambo got here to see a dead body on the ground.

"You witness Rizzo go over the wall." Hank told him and pointed outside the broken window. "You run downstairs. You attempt to administer aid, he's unresponsive."

"No, I won't let you take the fall for this. You're not doing that, you can't take it-"

"The phone. Then body. Then attempt to help him."

"They will bury you." Adam said with his voice raising a couple of octaves at his Sergeant. Al died not too long ago because of Hank and it was Hank to save his team the best way he could. It was already bad enough the city was gunning after the Intelligence and they have been gunning for Hank since forever. Adam didn't want to lose another man he looked up to. "There is no way that the department-"

"We are not having a discussion !" Hank shouted at him and Adam stopped speaking , silencing completely. "Adam , I need to know right now , are you with me ? And if you are , you need to go."

Adam hesitated but Hank glared at him. "Go ! Now !"

The young officer jogged out , leaving his Sergeant behind. His mind was full of many thoughts. What was going to happen to Antonio ? What was going to happen to Hank ? What was going to happen to the unit ? What was going to happen to the CPD ?

He quickly climbed down the steps and rushed to his Impala before opening the door and tossing Antonio's phone on the dashboard. Adam shut the door before taking a deep breath , placing his hands on the hood of the car, words that he spoke with Hailey just a couple of hours ago replayed in his ears.