015 : " i hate you "

season three , episode twenty ; in a duffel bag

chapter fifteen

where family matters

Hailey sat in Jay's truck as the whole unit was parked at some gas station. A baby was found in a duffel bag and she almost died. They traced down the girl and her parents and come to find out that thee parents made the daughter give it to another family. The family paid the midwife to bring it to the other family for them to raise.

The parents and the mom and the midwife checked out ; the family who supposedly didn't get the baby , got her and left her by the river. The only way they knew ? The father used to work at a gym , explaining where he got the duffel bag.

Now they were trying to run away from their crimes but the Intelligence Unit wasn't going to let that happen.

"Wait for my go." Hank instructed as they all sat around. "No telling what he will do when he panics so we have to wait until he gets away from the pump."

Silence took over the truck as they both patiently sat in it. Ever since Hailey had yelled at Jay and told him about her being his half sister , they haven't spoken. For once , Jay didn't know what to say to her.

"I-" He started to speak but Voight cut him off.

"Roll in , now!"

Jay sped off to the gas station and they all parked around it. Jay parked right in front of the car and him and Hailey jumped out with their guns up.

"Put your hands up !" They both shouted. The family quickly put their hands up. The family was separated as they were pulled out the car. It was hard for them to hear the little boy scream for his parents. Adam had put him in the car with Kim. Voight had grabbed the wife and Jay and Hailey got the dad.

"I'm the one who left the baby outside !" The father , Tommy Flynn, shouted. "It was me ! I did it ! IT WAS ME !"

***********

The unit cramped into Voight's office to hear the Assistant State Attorney Steve Kot's decision about moving forward with the case. Voight was sitting down in his office chair and Steve Kot was leaning on the desk beside Voight. Erin and Jay were sitting around in the two spare chairs. Kim was sitting in one she brought in. Adam was standing behind her. Hailey sat close to the door while Antonio and Kevin leaned against the wall beside Voight's desk.

This was probably the most people he ever had in office.

"He had a chance to save that baby but instead , he put it in a duffel with rocks." Voight shrugged. To him , to all of them , the case was closed. The man had admitted to almost murdering the innocent baby they found that morning.

"Rocks would've made it sink." Hailey spoke , leaning against the wood with her arms behind her back , hands intertwined. "He intended to throw her in the water but couldn't go through with it, not a lot of conscious there but there was some."

"Not enough conscious to bring her to the hospital. Not enough conscious to report it to the police." Antonio told her and she only shrugged. He was a dad , of course this case pissed him off and she wasn't going to argue with him.

"How do we even know his story was even true ?" Jay Halstead questioned. "I mean maybe him saying I wasn't ready was really him saying I wasn't ready for a baby so he took her outside on purpose, that's attempted murder."