Rebel's War - Shadow vs Power

-Ganondorf-

Ganondorf groaned painfully. His chest ached. He blinked, and flashes of memory came to him in a confusing mess. All that he could piece together was that he had been in a fight with someone. He stood to his feet and saw the castle in the distance. He also saw the ruins of a freshly ravaged town surrounding him.

"This doesn't bode well," He muttered.

A scratching sound nearby drew his attention, and Ganondorf stepped into a hidden place. A pack of Twilight passed him by while searching for prey. He held his breath, but he feared the constant red glow of his hair would give him away. His worry merited nothing, fortunately or not, as a loud roar filled the sky, and a burst of flame enveloped the street, vaporizing the Twilight. Ganondorf covered himself with his hands as fire swept over him. It faintly burned, but not near as badly as he feared. The explosion soon faded around him, and the sound of flapping grew distant. Ganondorf poked his head out and saw the street. Everything in it was on fire, dead, or soon to be dead.

Ganondorf felt something crunch under his feet, and he looked down at some smashed glass. He instantly recoiled upon seeing his reflection. He was on fire and covered in shadow! Ganondorf stepped back and looked closer in another reflection. He was still in his demon form. It was smaller than he thought it would be, but unknown to him, it was only a hint of what he could be. Still, having never seen himself like this, it surprised him deeply.

"How?" He wondered aloud. How was he in control? He reached up to touch himself, wanting to be certain the reflection was him.

A flickering of light drew his attention, and he turned his hand over to see two marks on his hand. They were in the places where Zelda and Link's marks usually were. His own mark, at the top, was absent.

"The hell happened?" Ganondorf said while putting a hand on a broken windowsill. He then jumped back, remembering he was on fire, but the windowsill was not burned. He patted the wood again, but nothing happened. "Heh."

He stepped out into the street, took a fallen spear, and felt it in his hand. A Twilight was crawling away with only half of its body. He followed to finish the monster off, but stopped short as he saw a trail of blood. A very familiar trail of blood.

Ganondorf struggled to remember why that blood bothered him so much. He put a hand to his head in frustration when, suddenly, it snapped back to him.

Zelda and Link!

Ganondorf sprinted down the street, flashes of memory rushing to him, and he couldn't help but notice how much destruction remained in the aftermath of his battle. The outer walls with a hole in them was at least two feet thick! He remembered fighting a pesky, flighty man with strange powers. The man had used several different attacks on him.

Ganondorf hid against said wall as an airborne monstrosity flew by again. His eyes landed on the man atop its neck. His hand pulsed in response where his own Mark should have been. Ganondorf's eyes narrowed. That man had the mark of Din.

He found an abode with a broken front that looked incredibly familiar. He took hold of the door's ruins and threw them aside before stepping in. As before, he found Link and Zelda hiding beneath a staircase. Zelda was frightfully pale. She looked sick and had a fair bit of blood soaked into a pillow shoved against her side. Link was even worse and didn't seem to be breathing.

Ganondorf stooped before them. Alert to his presence, Zelda dimly opened her eyes, but she was too weak to react.

"You're in a sorry state," Ganondorf said.

"Did you get him?" Zelda whispered.

"Don't think so. But at the very least, I got these." He held up his fist. "If I were to guess, he took them off you two, and I returned the favor."