Zant's War - Zant's Awakening

-Kanyou, Country of Qin-

Fae do not sleep. That is a fact. That is also a very annoying fact when you have to stay up for half a day because the mortal you guard spends it in an unconscious state; and leaving you with nothing to do but sit in one room and wait and watch.

And be bored out of your mind.

Left with nothing to do, Tetsu, sat on Zelda's desk and rocked her little feet back and forth. Her faint glow was the only source of light in the room, as the moon had disappeared behind thick clouds. There were faint steps outside the room as guards and servants made their nightly service, but no one touched the heavy doors of the heir's room in what was formerly the king's room. In the room the time was echoed by the steady breathing of Zelda and her nightly attendant.

Time flew by ever so slowly. Tetsu sighed and leaned back. Allowing herself to sink, she merged into the wooden desk. Her mind took shape with the desk so it became another limb to her as much as her arms or legs. She stopped feeling the wind and instead felt the carven life of the wooden construct. She became the desk. Diving ever further, Tetsu moved through its legs into the floor. Her mind expanded even further from there to encompass the king's quarter of the palace. She felt the boots of the guards step on her, the lighter shoes and sandals of the servants, and one cloth set of feet.

Suddenly curious, Tetsu swam to where the cloth feet were. She snuck her face up from the surface. The feet belonged to a man who was in the king's library. A scribe perhaps? She smiled mischievously. Tetsu just adored messing with the servants.

She swam through the floor a bit closer, and as she neared she felt scrolls fall onto her. Some scribe he was, the man had no care for the items kept here. She'd show him.

Lowering herself like a cat, she pounced. She leapt into the air behind his head. She no longer was one with the wood, but one with the wind. With a thought she blew a gust of wind in his face. Just a little gust, just enough to be spooky.

Only rather than panic or scream, the man spun in the blink of an eye and grabbed her in his fist.

She was no longer one with the wind, but one with his flesh. She merged with his flesh, with his soul, with his mind. Therein lied the problem with Fae. They were born to merge with the world, to become a part of whatever they touched so they could mold it however they wanted. They were the firstborn. Other beings of flesh and soul came later... so Farore did not take into account flesh and soul when she made the Fae. The two were not exactly compatible... because in truth they were too compatible in ways even though they were not designed to be.

Tetsu screamed as she felt her essence being torn and attacked by the soul of the man. Her soul touched his soul. His flesh became her flesh. His mind became her mind. The two became bonded as glue, and out of reflex the two resisted only to tear each other in doing so.

Zant fell to his knees and screamed in equal agony. He had no idea the Fae was there, but when she spooked him his training took over and he reacted out of reflex. He felt his body go numb as it was no longer just his own, his mouth screamed in a voice no longer his, he felt his soul be assaulted, and his mind...

-Before-

Getting into Chancellor Ryo's army at night was no small thing. Zant had to use every bit of skill he had to make his way in. At first he joined pretending to be any other soldier, but then he was barred from nearing the inner tents of the army at night due to his made up rank. Zant could assume the role of an officer, but he couldn't take the chance. Ryo was meticulous and had a perfect memory. He might know all of his officers either by name or face with nothing more than a glance.