Kyou's War - King's Wisdom

-Royal Palace, Kanyou-

Ganondorf knocked a Qin's shield out of the way and beat down on the man with his swords. The sword dented his armor and crushed bone, but could not cut through. The man grunted in pain, but zealously kept fighting. Straining with effort, Ganondorf shoved a fist into the man's armored chest and released a burst of flame. The small explosion sent the man flying back, and he did not stand back up.

Ganondorf huffed. Sweat poured down his body. His vision grew blurry for brief moments. All around him he saw his fellow Majora were also sweating like rain. They were growing smaller in number quickly now, exhausted as they were in their unrestrained mindset, and even the Fae were not enough. The Fae took the brunt of the battle, true, but the Qin was adaptable. They grouped up on the Fae, used spears and shield to hold them back, and gave ample targets for their archers. The archers coated their arrows in oil, and lit them aflame.

Coated in flaming oil, the Fae had to flee their wooden forms. Fire was not an element, and while they could shape oil as easily as water, touching it would expose their frail bodies to lethal flame.

Simply the Qin had figured out how to fight Fae much quicker than they had hoped. To make matters worse, their tactics were something foreign to Ganon. Every minute or so Ganon heard a high pitched whistle. As soon as the whistle rung out, another Qin would rush forward at him while his target would flee. At first Ganon thought this meant they were winning as the Qin fled.

How wrong he was. The Qin commander had trained his formation well. Every whistle meant for half of his men to rush forward into the fray while the other half stepped back to take a breather. So while the Majora grew exhausted, the Qin did not. Ganon had picked up on it too late.

Ganon smiled gleefully. If he lived this day, he wanted to share a drink with the Qin commander. He had completely underestimated the man. It was a worthy battle.

Ganon saw another shape charge forward, and expected another warrior to charge him, but something felt off. No whistle blew. And as the shape stepped into the clear he realized it was but a young boy... a child. Ganon lowered his blades, however the boy was not watching where he was going, as his attention was behind him, and ran face first into Ganon. The boy fell on his butt, and was about to give Ganon a tongue lashing, but gasped in fear. Ganon breathed heavily, his red eyes poured down through the horrific mask, his flaming hair flowed tangled down his back, his skin was black, and his large swords were jagged. To the child, Ganon was the visual depiction of a demon.

"Prince Kyou!?" Ganon heard the Qin commander yell. The commander tried to rally his nearby men to go after the boy. Ganon could only raise an eyebrow. This was the prince? This youngling that was about to wet himself?

Ganon grabbed the boy by the shoulder. The boy found his strength and resisted, but he was weak.

"Stay back..." The boy whispered. "Stay away! You mongrels, barbarians! You dare to touch a king!?"

Ganon grabbed the boy's jaw tightly while holding him to himself. It was at this point the boy got the message and stopped screaming. The Qin commander stopped moving at the silent threat to his prince, and all around the battle slowly ended. The Qin did not move, lest the Majora leader kill their king. In turn the Majora took a moment to breath. They were on the verge of collapse.

"Release him." Zelda forced herself through the crowd into the open. "He is my problem."

"Princess?!" The Qin commander stammered in shock. His eyes drifted in the distance toward Midna's barely conceivable corpse, but it was still there.

Ganon kept his tongue, and simply nodded. This was her domain, her home. He would respect his role as guest and be at least somewhat compliant. It grated at him, but she had respected his home. He would do the same. He released Kyou.