Kyou's War - Alliance

-Majora's Mountain, Western Qin-

Zelda awoke early. She was a light sleeper by nature, and she was expected to have meetings or lessons at first light. She had lost some of her cautions while staying in the Fae's grove, but since then she has felt her instincts return.

She looked up from her corner to find Link was as clueless to the world as ever. He was the picture of a buffoon: scratching himself, drooling, sprawled out, and wide open. Zelda could only sigh inside. Why did it have to be him that followed her this far? Why was it him that had to have been given the hand mark? Why couldn't it have been someone else?

She immediately thought of Matsubi, and she blinked in surprise at it. She shook her head and banished the thought away.

Zelda sat by the window and looked out over the Majora's city. She could leave, but it would be more polite to wait to be summoned when Ganondorf Dragmire was ready to resume their talk. She did not have to wait long before the summons came. A Majoran entered.

The Majoran lead them back to the assembly hall. There Ganondorf Dragmire sat at his usual place and the elderly woman on both sides. This time the assembly hall was full to the brim with Majoran as they ate breakfast. Along with them were a large number of wolves mixed in. From what Zelda could see, the younger Majoran's had younger dogs and wolves while the other's had more scarred ones or even entire packs.

'Seems the bond between beast and man is strong here.' Zelda considered. She stared for a moment, amazed at the sight, and more than a little uncomfortable. She did not spend time among animals, and what she remembered of dogs in her youth was little more than rivalry for scraps.

Zelda stood in the middle with Link. A hall full of roaring laughter and barking and general behavior lacking any social etiquette quieted the moment she entered the premises. The food before Ganondorf was left untouched, as though he prompted to keep his mask on the entire time.

"King of Qin." Ganondorf said in a voice loud enough for all to hear. "You stand once more before me, in further judgment."

"And for what shall I be judged?" Zelda inquired.

"I have considered your words from yesterday, and perhaps there is truth to it. Discrimination, racism, cycles of hatred, are things that cannot be removed so easily; however, I still find your answer to be too simplistic. You think it enough to erase all borders? You think it enough to unite the kingdoms? Even if you do so, what is there to unite people whose cultures and ways of thinking are inherently different? Already you have failed to provide this answer the moment you walked in."

"How so?"

"Do you deny entering this assembly, seeing how we are, and being put off by it? I saw the look of disgust on your face."

Zelda blinked in surprise. She wanted to respond, but she had no answer. She flushed in embracement.

"You are right, I am uncomfortable with crowds and animals. Qin is not like this, our assemblies have a different form of social etiquette with unspoken rules. However, I find this test... lacking. I find no evil in the differences between you and me from a mere meal. What you ask is what would bind people in a unified system despite their differences... Yes?"

Ganondorf nodded.

"That answer is one I lack," Zelda admitted. "As you see, I am young and still have much to learn. I simply do not have an answer that can satisfy the question, but I do promise that I will seek that answer out. It is one I desperately wish to know myself."

Ganondorf tapped the table silently. Zelda cleared her throat. Link glanced between them, having no idea really of the depth of their conversation.