Rebel's War - Ganondorf's Trial 2

-Rebellious Hero-

Silent. Watchful. Focused. Aware.

The Rebellious Hero had always been quiet. He believed silence spoke just as much as words. He did speak in his 'life,' but only when other's silence out spoke his silence. He had always been a man of action.

What did he say when the herd fence broke? Nothing. He fixed it.

What did he say when the officers barked orders and belittled him? Nothing. He excelled.

What did he say when his king, the wise king, had half of his brothers executed and the other half sold into slavery? Nothing. He watched, he worked, and he kept his head down.

It was ironic that one of the few times he ever opened his mouth, when the king started bringing executions to the people, he was denounced as a fool. He was considered a traitor and a rebel.

The Hero heard faint skittering on the edge of his senses, and with fine-tuned practice, he threw a dagger into the shadows. It did not clatter on stone, but penetrated into flesh. A large insect fell to the ground, curled up, and faint lights exploded from its body. It was a smaller version of the creatures that had intruded on his domain before.

Creatures of Twilight leapt from the ceiling and clambered around their fallen comrade to consume it. The flames around the Hero quivered, and an echo of the Divine words entered his ears. They were orders, a will, and the knowledge of a foe. The curse that chained him spurred him on, and so the Hero ran across the room. The Twilit creatures heard him approach and hissed. As one, they leaped forwards.

The Hero reached out his hand. One moment there was nothing, and the next, a spear appeared with a flash. His first target reeled back, surprised at the sudden weapon, but it was too late. The Hero thrust the spear into its face.

He did not waste time pulling the spear free while other creatures still leapt at him. A giant broadsword flashed into his hands. He stepped to the side just as the creatures landed and swiftly cleaved one in half.

More fell from the ceiling, eager to feast and fight. The Hero summoned daggers into his hands and threw them, one after another. But for every creature to fall, another two appeared. A dozen finally caught up and lunged from all sides, yet they only clambered among themselves because their prey suddenly disappeared.

The Hero reappeared in a green flash above them all, spinning his broadsword in his hands, and cleaved a number into pieces before landing. From there, slaying the remaining beasts became a casual routine. The Hero would sidestep and swing. Their claws never came close to connecting, and their attempts to bite were met with steel.

One large creature jumped to the floor to fight as well, and fire erupted from its mouth. The Hero sidestepped it easily enough, but the close combat it desired was troublesome down where they fought.

The creature's chest expanded like a frog as it prepared another blast. In a flash, the Hero summoned gauntlets over his hands, and in another flash, he jumped to the creature and grabbed it by the mouth. It resisted, futilely trying to open its mouth, but the Hero's grip was steel. It coughed, stretched itself out to vomit, and struggled to release the growing explosion in its chest.

"Let's take this outside, shall we?" The Hero used his Gift to reappear with the creature in an empty field outside. Wind blew, and clouds brought dew to his armor. He released the creature's mouth, and the two fell.

The Hero did not have to fall long, as chains inexplicably bound around him and pulled. Pain exploded up his spine, and his body snapped backwards. Just as quickly as he left, he was thrown back into the creature filled room. His thrust back into the room was none too gentle as he slammed against a wall. He spasmed and thrashed as the magical chains around his body squeezed and tore at him.