Dragmire's War - Mask Thief

-Joket, Ganondorf-

Ganondorf Dragmire sat opposite from Kei Ki the Beheader. Beside him were the two witches, his twin mothers. Beside Kei Ki were an assortment of his personal officers and trusted men and woman. All around the room were soldiers of Kei Ki. Effectively Ganon was outnumbered ten-to-one. He found the odds favorable.

They sat in tense silence as they reached the end of the midday meal. The only sounds were the clinking of porcelain plates and wooden chopsticks. Kei Ki had his men cook, and were the smell anything to go by, he had a few men who knew how to cook well. Ganondorf did not touch his food.

He sat there with his fists clasped together resting against his chin. He had not uttered a word since returning, only having told Kei Ki he wanted time. Nabooru shouldnt take too much longer, and every moment dragged on for him.

Now if only his parents would stop trying to sneak a touch of the Qin commander, so Ganon could fret in peace.

The meal passed and went. It wasn't until Ganon's food was cold that Nabooru came. She entered, and Ganon felt his stomach drop from her grave expression.

"Nabooru, what did you find?" Ganon asked in the Majoran tongue.

"There was a struggle. The man is dead. He was pierced by a sword." Nabooru replied. "The woman and child is missing."

"What?!" Ganon exclaimed. He jumped to his feet.

"I take it she found something?" Kei Ki inquired.

"She found the man dead, the woman and child missing!" Ganon hissed in Qin's tongue. "What did you do!?"

"Chief!" Nabooru interrupted, also changing to Qin's tongue. "It was not him! Witnesses saw Joket guards arrest them! They were taken to the mansion."

The mansion... Ganondorf dimly realized he had taken all the Majoran guards with him. Nabooru, his parents, and himself were absent. The mansion was empty of those loyal to him.

"Much as I would be fine with taking the blame, it seems someone beat me to it." Kei Ki said. "Now does my claim bear weight? He is working to cover his tracks quickly."

Ganondorf did not know, still, if the man was truthful or not, but he knew one thing: no one touched his family! Ganondorf said, "I will return to the mansion and demand answers."

"That does not satisfy me." Kei Ki replied. He placed a hand on his sword. "Do not force my hand."

Ganon stared at him a moment before concluding, "If he does not satisfy me, then I will personally kill him for what he has done. You can even take to your Ki family claim that he committed heresy and treason."

"Heresy?"

Ganondorf walked out the door, his silence and concern replaced with fury. "He summoned a demon."

-At the mansion-

A certain former governor of the city, Ketsu, franticly hurried about his room. He was once a powerful man, and now he was being forced by circumstances to go into self-exile.

And it was all that bitch Ice Queen's fault!

He had been Ketsu's man. The one who kept the Chancellor's personal estate running, his city controlled, and the money flowing. The governor may have taken a bit off the top, but Ketsu knew that and allowed it since his attention was always on the young Royal Family brat at the capital!

Even among the other Ki family heads, none dared touch him. But now there was a particularly ruthless and uncouth upstart bastard of a Ki here for his head! What had he done to deserve this?