Dragmire's War - Brewing War

-Chancellor Ryo-

"Chancellor, a word please." Rishi approached Chancellor Ryo.

"Hm?" Ryo stopped.

Among his ministers Ryo had selected four to be his closest hands, as four pillars on which he built his strength.

Rishi was his man of law. His understanding of justice, both retribution justice and distributive justice, was beyond compare. He was a man almost completely devoid of bias. The man also had a perfect memory that outmatched Ryo's own.

Abhdan was Ryo's teacher, and chief ambassador. Abhdan was Qin's former Chancellor and held connection networks in all seven kingdoms that outreached Ryo's own. The old man was perhaps the only Qin openly welcomed in the court of the seven kings, making him Qin's ambassador to the world.

Shou Hei Kun was Ryo's tactician. Ryo had yet to find a man who could beat Shou in chess, but more than that Shou had seen real war enough times to be easily able to apply tactics to it on par with the greatest of masters. In fact, Shou ran a school for Qin's officers in the ways of tactical and theoretical war.

Moubu was Ryo's general. What Shou lacked in strength, but made up for in raw intellect, Mou Bu was the exact opposite. Moubu had enough of a hand in tactics to be handy, but was most effective on the front lines leading a spearhead assault through multiple lines of enemies and aspiring legions of men to feats of strength rivaling berserkers. Ryo would have wanted Ouki Mitagi to be his general, but in lacking Ouki, he found Moubu. Moubu was inspired by Ouki, studied under him for a time, and aspired to be even stronger than him one day. Moubu believed his strength alone could overcome any obstacle.

He had yet to be proven wrong.

"Chancellor," Rishi said. "Why did you decide to rely on assassins? If you had asked us, we would have definitely succeeded."

Ryo chuckled. His three other advisors stopped to listen. "Rishi. All I did was turn a situation to my advantage. It was not planned. Besides... where would be the fun in 'definite'?"

"Huh?" Rishi muttered, confused.

"Oh-Ho!" Abhdan laughed. "Seems Rishi has yet to understand the Chancellor's true nature. Ryo does not want the princess to die. It may be advantageous if she did, but he is by no means in a rush. This rather stems from his childishness. Having lost his sparring partner, Ketsu, Ryo perhaps wished to test the young girl who would be king. Not to mention Zelda has eyed Lady Impa for the position of Chancellor some time now. Impa is far better than Ketsu ever was. She is among the few women he respects. Makes this old soul wonder why you have tried courting her. Or anyone. I need some grandbabies!"

"Sensei!" Ryo chastised his former teacher. He picked up a pebble off the ground and threw it in Abhdan's general direction.

"Oh-ho! Flee! He wants my butt!" Abhdan hurried away laughing. "My age I take with me! You can't have it!"

The men laughed at the antics between them. Despite their official positions, Ryo and Abhdan were like father and son. A most curious relationship, as Abhdan also taught Zelda and Ryo respected it, never asking his teacher to sabotage the girl. Nor did Zelda try to use Abhdan against Ryo.

Abhdan scrambled (with help from Moubu's son, Mouki) into a cart. Ryo took another pebble and banged the side of the cart with it. Abhdan squealed and yelled that he would spit on Ryo's grave. Ryo smiled and exclaimed, "Let us depart from here! Let us return to my estate, set it in order, and drink!" His ministers cheered.

-Ganondorf Dragmire-

Ganon took hold of the furniture and shoved it back on its legs from where it had toppled over.