Majora's War - Wrath

-Zelda-

Zelda's nose tingled from the stench of soot as she gazed up towards the moon. The burning, ashen flavor reminded her of a particular man she had come to rely on and chose to consider friend, and left her wondering of his well being. The torch stands by her held their little red dancers and momentarily Zelda glanced to them. The dancers reminded her of a particular woman: Bi Ki, her mother.

'Mother, supposedly, was a dancer. Just how beautiful would her craft had been to gain the king's notice?'

Zelda momentarily allowed herself to wonder and meditate on the thought of her mother. The moments her thoughts could go in a famililial direction without sending ice into her veins were few and far in between, but in recent years was becoming easier. It had been years since she had laid eyes on that woman. She could allow herself the comfort of thinking without fear, of thinking herself far when, in truth, they were near.

She meditated for a short time before moving her thoughts away from that woman, and rather prayed. Something in her gave her the impression this night was an important one, and so was to be given a little extra... something.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sliding door. Zelda turned briefly and smiled to see her favorite concubine hug herself tightly in the cold and patter out onto the balcony. Zelda's two guards briefly turned their heads to notice her, the only sign of movement they had made in hours besides tending to a fire pot.

"Zelda..." Sarah whined. "Its cold! What are you doing out here!?"

"Ah, perhaps it is. I did not notice, not with the fire warming me. Come, warm yourself up. I was just thinking and praying."

Sarah rushed forward and put her shivering hands around the torches. She breathed in relief. Her gaze went out into the distance. The capital city was expansive, almost as far as they could see, and while they had seen the plains in the furthest distance, it was an impossible feat at night. Didn't mean Sarah couldn't try though.

"Thinking about the people?" Sarah wondered.

"About Ganon. Mother. The various nations. The opposing factions within Qin. Politics."

"The usual." Sarah concluded.

"Yes."

Sarah sniffed. "I don't understand at all so I'll just nod and pretend to know what you are talking about."

Zelda chuckled, smiling in mirth, "You have been with me a fair time, dear Sarah. I'm sure there are a few things you understand, even from your distant perspective."

"Perhaps... But all I know right now is it is entirely too cold for us to be out! Let's go back in!" Sarah punctuated her whining by suddenly leaning against Zelda with enough weight to make the princess stumble. Sarah struck her head on Zelda's shoulder and nudged in like a cat trying to find a position to sleep in. Zelda growled lightly but retained her patience, even if her composure was shattered.

"Sarah... you're going to give my guards the wrong impression." Zelda whispered through her teeth.

Sarah's response was to mewl.

Zelda sighed. "Fine. Let's return in-"

The words had barely left her mouth before the door was slamming open and shut again and her side was oddly vacant. She heard snickers and restrained-sputtering from the supposedly emotionless statues that were, at this time, struggling to contain themselves. Zelda sighed.

"Go ahead. Let it out." She whispered. The guards shook their heads urgently, though their lips were tight and eyes watering. Zelda entered her room and shut the door. She froze at the sound of sudden hysterics, but continued on as if nothing happened. The fireplace was lit and Andim curled in on herself on her stand.