Dragmire's War - Language of Flowers

-Kanyou, Capital of Qin-

"Your highness." A servant bowed. Zelda paused to turn and see the servant bowing. Behind her was a welcome sight. "May I present, Ganondorf Dragmire, king of the Majora clan, and his ward, Malon Dragmire."

"Ganon." Zelda smiled. "Normally I don't want company, but you are an exception."

Zelda had been walking in the Fae Grove, attending to the garden. Although she was not a caretaker by any means, the Fae Grove had naturally grown to envelop the entirety of the palace garden and add to its beauty many times over. The beauty and air of the Fae Grove gave her some measure of peace and warmth in a cold, tumultuous world. The servant bowed again and departed.

A number of Fae flew around Ganon, excited to see him, and he swatted them away in annoyance. Malon, though, was openly fascinated with them, and Ganon said nothing as her curiosity drew her away from him to follow after them. The Fae love children. If anything, he hoped they would get along well, play, and help ease the young girl's wounds.

"Thank you, Princess. Is this to be an occasion of formality for us, then?"

"I would rather not. My days are filled with formality as it is."

"Good. My days never seem to have any. I find such things tiresome." Ganon smirked.

"Consider yourself blessed."

"Perhaps, or a coward as Nabooru calls me. I have been known to flee court matters when I can."

"You are hardly one I would call a coward. I would call it either foolishness or wisdom, as contradictory as it may be."

"Not so. I have found that many things are judged as foolish or wise based solely on its success."

"Hmm. An interesting saying." Zelda mused.

Zelda pulled her long dress to the side and turned to walk without it obstructing her. "Care to join me?" Ganon shrugged, and walked by her.

They were both in their most formal attire. Zelda wore a large white dress fit for a princess, and her annoyance was noticeable with each step. She found the whole thing to be utterly ridicules. She was comfortable with rags and her normal attire, even as a Princess, was unbelievably humble by royal standards while being showy by her own standards. This dress was showy by royal standards, befitting the occasion today, so one need not imagine how annoyed it made her.

Her beauty had also grown in the last year. Puberty had made her taller and more womanly, though there was still years of development in store as she was but a young teenager. She was at the stage where her childlike appearance was starting to give way to the mature beauty passed down from her mother.

Whether that is a good or bad thing depends on who you ask.

Ganon's atire was one he was comfortable with. He wore a combination of black hardened leather and black armor plating from his boots to his torso to his gauntlets. He wore a black-bear fur over his shoulders. The only part of him that was not armored was his head as he disliked helmets. He simply had too much hair for helmets to work. And with his clothing being black on top of his black skin, his red eyes and long red mane of hair stood out brightly. He wore rubies around his wrists, rubies around his neck, and rubies roped on his forehead just at the hairline.

"You seem bored with the garden." Zelda noted. She stopped by a bush with flowers. She looked at them curiously.

"I don't find plants particularly... interesting." Ganon looked at the same bush, but his expression was one of disdain. "My interaction with plants doesn't extend far beyond eating or burning them."