44

1 more chapter left :(
I can't express how grateful I am for each and every one of you for the amazing support this book had been receiving. Thank you for being patient for me and hanging on till the very end

Here's a long chapter! Pay attention to the details!

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

Jeongguk flashed a fake smile at the old businessman who sat before him in the traditional Korean Restaurant as he tipsily talked about his daughter to the young businessman. Yoongi peacefully sipped his rice wine in silence next to Jeongguk. It was late night and Jeongguk and Yoongi were having a meeting with an acquaintance.

It had been two weeks since he'd met Jin. Since then, there's been no news from him, much to Jeongguk's disappointment. Over the course of two weeks, Jeongguk had been trying to grasp onto whatever information he could find on the case about Taehyung's company. He was proven unsuccessful. Whoever that was behind the downfall of Tan Corporation must've had planned it out much artfully, leaving behind no loopholes.

"Then I should be going" The old man before him said, standing up from the cross-legged position with the help of his secretary. Jeongguk and Yoongi stood up with him. After shaking hands with each other, all four men bid goodbye outside their private chamber they had dinner in.

"Well, that was a success" Yoongi said as he watched their acquaintances walk away.

"Yeah" Jeongguk said, smiling at Yoongi. They started walking slowly towards to exit past other chambers filled with people. They were walking in silence and Jeongguk was lost in thought. But something made him stop dead in his tracks.

Yoongi paused beside him, confused. Before Yoongi could question him, Jeongguk held his hand up, silencing him. He carefully listened to sounds coming from the room he had halted in front of.

Laughter.

But the laughter was too familiar to his ears. He had grown up hearing it.

It was his aunt. But she wasn't alone. What was his aunt doing here at this time of the night? Who is she meeting up with?

It was the next sound Jeongguk heard that made his body turn cold. Obnoxious laughter. The sound was also familiar to Jeongguk. Jeongguk may have only heard it a couple of times but the sound was too memorable for him to forget.

Kim Seokjin.

What the hell is Jin doing with his aunt?

Jeongguk looked at Yoongi and he looked as confused as Jeongguk. The younger of the two slowly made his way towards the closed door and pressed his ear against it, trying to grasp onto what they could be talking about.