40

I'm sorry guys :(

_
_
_
_
_
_
_

The gardens of the Kim Mansion were
decorated with fairy lights, giving the whole ground an enchanting look. Lavish vehicle after vehicle pulled up to the front yard, dropping off extravagantly dressed men and women. Taehyung watched silently from his bedroom window, distaste scrunching up his perfect features as he identified each and every person who stepped off their vehicles.

Everyone was dressed as if attending some royal wedding. Though there wouldn't be any fault in considering Kim Taehyung's engagement party a royal occasion. The men's and women's make-up covered faces and expensive material covered bodies did a fine job in hiding their true identities and intentions. But Taehyung's eagle eyes were capable of seeing right through their
painted facades and see the jealousy and abhor.

Bitterness and emptiness had made Taehyung's stomach hurt slightly. He was regretting having a few sips of whisky earlier in the evening. He hadn't exactly been much healthy after what happened with Jeongguk. He'd been skipping meals and been getting barely any sleep. His doctor had given him medicine to improve his condition. But the last thing he wanted to do was artificially erase his sadness. He deserved the suffering.

Taehyung's bedroom door opened and in walked Jennie. The tight red dress clung to her slim figure making her look sexy. The six inch heels tapped against Taehyung's bedroom floor as she walked over to Taehyung, a smile playing at her red-painted lips.

"Taehyung" She said, touching Taehyung's arm. "Most of the guests have arrived"

Taehyung nodded, flashing her a small smile. "You look pretty" She really did. But Jeongguk was a million times prettier and more handsome than her. He missed being able to admire that beauty.

Jennie's smile widened at the compliment. Probably because this was the first time Taehyung had complimented her. Besides, he had to put up this little act, show Jennie and everyone else that he was affectionate towards her fiancee.

"Thank you. You look really handsome"
Taehyung wore a tuxedo and pants. He had hardly cared for what he wore. While on other occasions, he'd be choosing his outfits himself. This time, he let his designers do it for him. And approved of whatever they thought looked good on him.

He was basically feeling dead. He wondered if Jeongguk would attend. Taehyung didn't know how he'd feel if he saw Jeongguk at the party. He wanted to see Jeongguk. But at the same time...he'd only be hurt by doing so.

Exhaustion weighed down Taehyung's whole body, despite not doing anything tiring that day. There were bags under his eyes but those were hidden with the layers of makeup that were applied not too long ago.

"Shall we go now?"Jennie said.

Taehyung nodded and offered her his arm. Together they walked out of his bedroom and descended down the stairs, to meet and greet the guests. Taehyung couldn't wait until this was over, so he could be by himself again.