43

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

Amidst the morning hassle of the downtown coffee shop Jeongguk found himself visiting to grab his morning coffee every day, the young man clad in midnight blue suit peacefully sipped his latte, whilst seated at the very back of the small shop, concealed from the direct view. The sweet aroma of coffee that lingered about the shop was always welcoming and calming, therefore Jeon Jeongguk found himself here every morning, despite his busy schedule.

But unlike other days, he had seated himself down in a vinyl covered cushion seat. He was awaiting someone's arrival. The café was getting less crowded by the minute, the busy hours coming to an end until only a few customers are left including Jeongguk. The usual peacefulness started to fall upon the place as the crowd thinned.

Jeongguk was staring out of the glass window at the busy street when he heard the faint tingling of a bell, announcing the arrival of a customer. Dress shoe heels tapped against the wooden floor rhythmically as they closed up on Jeongguk, until stopping right before him. Jeongguk averted his gaze from the glass to the tall man standing before him, clad in a black suit. His hair was parted from the side, revealing his forehead. He was undenialbly handsome.

"Mr. Jeon" Kim Seokjin's voice was velvet smooth; a perfect combination of melody and roughness, perfect, just like his whole being was.

"Jin" Jeongguk said, signaling him to take a seat opposite of him.

"What's up? It's unusual for you to tell me to meet you outside of your office" Jin said.

"Right to the business? Don't fancy spending time with me?" Jeongguk said, a smile playing at his lips.

Jin chuckled. "If I didn't fancy meeting up with you, I wouldn't even have picked up your phonecall, Jeongguk"

Jeongguk grinned at him. Jin had been a trusted ally of the Jeon Corporation. He and Jeongguk were friends. Jin also did business with Taehyung, making him unbiased. Therefore he is close to both Jeongguk's and Taehyung's companies. Which is why Jeongguk wanted to meet up with him.

"I need your help"

Jin raised hos eye brows at Jeongguk, suprprised. "You what? You need my help? Jeon Jeongguk needs my help for what?"

"Please, Jin. I'm desperate" Jeongguk said. Jeon Jeongguk wasn't the person to go around asking for help. He always did things on his own and succeeded in them. He'd never felt so vulnerable as much as he was feeling now. But desperate times calls for desperate measures.