Chapter 59: Impact

Start from the beginning

"Xina!" Leo and Luna exclaims as they engulfed her into a tight hug. Xina stumbles a bit, but she remains stability as she wraps her arms around the twins, laughing a bit.

"You guys scared me," Xina says with a small laugh.

"Sorry!" The twins apologize, not letting go of the embrace.

Crow steps in and says, "Alright, break it up! At least let the poor girl breathe!"

"Says the one who tackled me to the ground," Xina teased, looking at her orange-haired foster brother.

Crow crossed his arms and argued, "That wasn't my intention. That was Jack's heavy body that got you on the ground."

Jack gets offended by his comment. He exclaimed, "I beg your pardon!"

Xina shakes her head at the two boys as the twins eventually let go of the embrace. Luna says, "We are sorry, Xina."

Xina looks at Luna confused before asking, "What are you sorry for?"

"We could've helped out, but we didn't and now-" Leo started, speaking in a melancholic tone.

Xina shakes her head before telling them, "There was nothing that could have been done to prevent what happened... Don't feel guilty about it. I am just relieved that you guys didn't get hurt. I don't know what I would do if you all got hurt or worse because of me.."

"And we wouldn't know what we would do if you got hurt too. I know I would feel guilty about it," Leo tells her.

Akiza chimes in, "Don't let his death be your downfall, Xina. I know it's hard, I understand completely. But in the end, he did it for you."

Xina nods as she sighs, "It seems like everyone has been saying that..."

Dove walks over to Xina, noticing from Xina's expression that she was still upset about what happened. She tells her, "It is tragic of what happened that day, but I know that he didn't do it for nothing. Xina, you are the strongest person I know. You defend for those who can't defend themselves... When you helped me out that day from the Sirens and you let me stay here until I get back on my feet, I never understood why you did. But now, after all this time being with you and the team, I finally understand what this is all for..."

Dove paused before looking down at her forearm where her mark of the three falling feathers were. She holds up her arm to show Xina. She continues, "This appeared because of you. It symbolizes confidence. Before meeting you, I didn't have any confidence. I always hid from the world and wanted no part of it. But once I met you that, you lead me out of the shadows and helped me become stronger. After thinking about why I have this mark and trying to find out what it means, I realized the answer was in front of me all along..."

Done then points to the red feather, "The red feather symbolizes the adventures we have together as a team. No doubt it is red because of the Crimson Dragon, but it represents the bond we share." She points to the gold-yellow feather, "The yellow feather symbolizes the warmth and light you share. You were the one who showed me the way out of the darkness I was trapped in." She then points to the light blue feather, "And this blue feather symbolizes guidance for the roads we make. We may have had some obstacles down the road it guided us to, but in the end, we were still together and we overcame the obstacles to obtain what we worked and fought for... The three falling feathers all together symbolizes the confidence we have. We may have fallen a few times, but that never stopped us from flying again.... You taught me that, Xina. You taught me to get back on my feet and continue flying. I finally understand, Xina, the purpose of this mark and it was all thanks to you."

Xina felt tears about to form on the brim of her eyes, until Akiza spoke up, "I was always afraid of my psychic powers and pushed everyone away to prevent myself from hurting them. Everyone feared me to the point I feared myself... but when we dueled at the Fortune Cup and when we dueled in the hospital room, you showed me that just because I was different didn't mean I was a monster. I know I told you many times that I thank you for showing me that, but this mark I got, I always thought it meant danger and I feared it. But you helped me understand that it symbolizes strength; the strength I didn't know I had, and I thank you for helping me see that I wasn't a monster that had to hide from the world, but a strong duelist who can make a difference in the world."