Chapter 30: Ener-D Reactor

*edited 07/14/2020*

Ener-D Reactor

Yusei placed his Stardust Dragon card in the slot of the control unit. Once the unit started to shake, he grabs his card and runs out of it quickly. He runs out and stands next to Xina, who was waiting outside of the unit. They both watch as the control unit sunk into the ground.

Then they both hear the twins cheering, "You guys did it!"

"We're so proud of you!" Luna adds.

They both turn around to see the twins, Trudge and Crow on the high road. Yusei and Xina got on their runners and drove up to them.

"Nice job guys," Crow tells them as they both got off their runners. He then asks, "So, uh, is that your doing?" He points over to a large white glow from the distance.

When the two looked over, the glow slowly started to disappear.

"Woah," Yusei says.

"What was that?" Xina questioned.

"Not sure, but it appeared once you guys won the duel," Crow answers.

Xina focused as she saw people standing where the glow came from. The people were looking around, confused on how they got there.

Leo says, "Check it out!"

"Who are they? Where did they come from?" Trudge questions.

"Maybe - of course! By defeating Kalins Earthbound Immortal, you two freed the people prisoned inside of it!" Crow says.

"Yusei's theory is correct," Xina says, remembering Yusei talking about how they can bring the people who have disappeared back.

"So there's hope for the others!" Leo exclaims with excitement.

"Yup," Luna says with a smile. Crow, Yusei, and Xina fist pump.

Yusei then mentions, "We can't take a victory lap just yet."

"He's right. The gates of the Netherworld are still open which means we have to activate the last two control units. There's still three Dark Signers left," Xina explains.

As she was talking, a spider falls onto Trudge's neck and bit him. Trudge grunts as he moves his hand to the back of his neck.

Leo notices and asks, "Hey, are you okay?"

Trudge doesn't respond as he removes his hand from his neck. Soon, a purple spider mark symbol appears on his arm.

"Everyone get back!" Xina yells before the twins and Crow stepped back away from him. "Trudge?"

"I'm sorry, Officer Trudge isn't here right now," Trudge says, but his voice sounded different. It sounded like Roman.

"Roman! I should have known," Yusei says.

Trudge looks over and had a dark, evil grin on his face. He continues, "I believe it's time we face each other again, Yusei. If you believe you're strong enough to defeat me, come to the side of the old reactor."

"What?" Yusei questioned.

The spider mark then fades. Trudge shakes his head as he felt off. He then looks back at everyone and sees that they were all looking at him. "What? What's everyone looking at?" He questions.

Crow ignores him as he asks Yusei, "So are you going to go? You know it's a trap."

"I know it is a trap, but I am going to have to face him sooner or later. And the quicker I defeat his Earthbound Immortal, the quicker Martha and my friends will be safe," Yusei tells him.