Chapter 8: Offers

*edited 07/10/2020*

Offers

"You lost!? How are we supposed to keep dueling now, Luna!? It's not fair!" Leo cried out to Luna. Xina and Yusei walked Luna to the stands and are now standing by Tanner, Yanagi, Luna, Leo and Dexter's row.

Luna was unfazed by her brother's temper tantrum and simply replies, "At least I didn't lose like you did."

Dexter jokes, "Leo, do you need some ice for that burn?"

"Dexter! The only reason why I lost was because I let Xina win," Leo says, trying to make himself feel better.

"No, you didn't," Luna argued.

"You're not helping," Leo whispered.

Luna was staring at her arm, remembering that it was glowing during her duel. "Luna, are you okay?" Yanagi asks, noticing her intense stare.

"Yeah, it's like you are waiting for something to show up?" Dexter questioned.

"My arm is fine. It's nothing," Luna quickly says, snapping out of her trance.

Yusei and Xina look at her with concern. "If you say so, now I think it's time I take you two kids home," Yusei tells them, making the twins look at him.

"Have fun babysitting," Tanner comments with a small laugh.

"Alright! We'll have an all night dueling sleepover!" Leo excitedly says as he stands from his seat.

"Everyone listen up!" The MC announces, making everyone switch their attention to the MC guy on the hologram. "The second round has been announced! Check out the competition brackets! Who knows what the excitement awaits! Who will win? Who will lose? Four duelists, two rounds, one champion! Things are gonna get crazy! See ya tomorrow!"

The bracket board shows who will be dueling who in the next round:

First match: Yusei vs Grieger
Second match: Akiza vs Xina

"Yusei versus Grieger. He looks pretty tough. But I know Yusei can beat him!" Leo comments.

"Akiza versus Xina. Looks like you two will be able to have a chance to settle things," Dexter says, remembering the incident with the Black Rose.

"That's going to be a tough duel, especially when her attacks inflicts real damage," Tanner comments as his arms were crossed.

"If Xina was able to protect us from her attacks, then she can protect herself from her attacks," Yanagi says.

"She's scary," Luna says as she stared at Akiza's picture on the hologram sphere.

Leo then interrupts their comments, "You guys! Xina can handle her! If Xina can beat me in a duel, then she can beat the Black Rose."

"Didn't you say that you let Xina win?" Luna questioned her brother.

"Not the point! Xina is gonna win," Leo says confidently for his friend. "Right, Xina?.. Xina?"

Xina was lost in her thoughts, not listening to what they were saying, as she stared at the bracket board. She remembers the incident with the Black Rose and the hallway encounter.