Chapter 41: The Shy Dove

The Shy Dove

For the past couple days, Bruno and Yusei have been working and programming the new duel runner engines. Jack and Crow were quite jealous of Bruno since Yusei and Bruno were both mechanic geniuses who "spoke the same language" - said Jack and Crow. They spent day and night programming the new engine, making Yusei not acknowledge them. Akiza, Leo and Luna were feeling the same about the stray genius as well.

Xina, however, didn't mind. Xina liked how there was someone just like Yusei and who had the same interests as him. Xina adores the bond Bruno and Yusei are sharing. Therefore, she used this time to focus back to her readings. She was able to master many new abilities and spells; some she was still struggling with, but she won't give up. It's not her intention to give up at all.

Just like Yusei and Bruno, Xina has not slept at all. She has been nonstop practicing and learning her abilities. She didn't want to sleep although her body and mind is begging her to rest. Even though she did feel tired, she didn't want the chance to see that vision and nightmare when she closes her eyes. Those evil eyes haunted her dreams making her veins run cold. She couldn't bare to see them again.

As much she tried to stay up another night, she couldn't, leading her to her nightmare.

-

Xina screams as she jolts up from her slumber. Sweat runs down her body which felt cold. Her breathing was shaky, making her grasp onto her bed sheets.

Xina looks at the time: 6:34 am. Xina sighs as she mutters to herself, "I need some air."

Xina gets dressed in her usual attire before walking out of her room. She sees that her desk was a mess and so was her living room. Xina cleans up a bit before leaving her home. She decided not to drive her duel runner, instead she walks.

Xina breathes in the fresh morning air before exhaling. She felt the warm early rays of the sun lay gently on her skin as she walks on sidewalk. Xina looks up at the blue sky to see the fluffy white clouds moving slowly. She looks around to see everything was bright and happy.

Xina thinks, Everything is so beautiful and bright right now. I only wish my dreams were like this, but they are not. My nightmares are the possible future of this world and I have to prevent it from happening. I cannot let someone destroy something that was meant to be filled with hope, love, beauty, friendship, compassion and so much more with eternal darkness, fear, and depression.

Xina snaps out of her thoughts as she continues to look around. She sees people starting to open up their cafés and shops. She even saw an older lady watering her plants and flowers in front of her café.

All these innocent people and kids... I can't bare to see the light inside of them fade into darkness. I must not let that happen, Xina thinks.

Xina's thoughts were then interrupted by some people shouting and laughing. She follows the sounds to look in an alleyway to see three girls laughing at another who was cowering against the wall with tears running down her cheeks. They looked about Akiza's age: sixteen.

The first girl says, "Come on, you can't possibly think you belong in the club."

The second girl taunts, "Yeah. You're deck is weak and pathetic."

The third girl, who was in the middle of the two other girls, says, "Your little Butterfly Fairy can't save you from us, you cry baby."

The girl who was cowering away from them continued crying. "Please, leave me a-alone," The girl manages to say, but her voice was quite low.