Chapter 16: Campfire Stories

*edited 07/11/2020*

Campfire Stories

"We were supposed to meet Crow, Yusei and Xina here," Rally mentions as Blister, Tank, Blitz and Nervin looked around for them at Crow's hideout. "Do you think something happened to them?" He questions, getting nervous.

Blister responds, "I am sure they are fine. Lets just wait."

"I hate waitin'" Blitz says before groaning.

"What if they are caught? What if we never see them again!?" Tank asks, raising his voice.

"Quiet! You tryna jinx us or something?" Blitz tells him, getting annoyed.

They then hear the sounds of duel runners coming to them. Rally looks over to see Crow, Yusei and Xina. "Hey, look! They're here!" Rally tells them, feeling relieved.

"Crow's back!" A little boy shouts from one of the abandoned buildings. More kids start to cheer in happiness, scaring Rally and the group since they didn't know kids were there also. The little kids start running out of the buildings and over to Crow. They began asking him for duel cards.

Crow takes off his helmet and gets off his bike. "What are you talking about? You kids want more of my cards? Do you see a white beard and red hat? I'm not Santa Claus," Crow says.

"Come on, please," The kids begged.

"Hold on, hold on. I don't have cards but I brought something even better. May I present you Yusei, the new duel champion," Crow tells them before pointing over to Yusei and Xina, who were still on the duel runner.

Yusei takes off his helmet and so does Xina. Yusei looks over to see kids coming up to him. "I want an autograph," One boy said.

"I saw your duel! I watched it like ten times!" Another boy says.

"Oh man, this is so cool!" Another boy comments.

They continue to talk to Yusei all at once since they were so excited to see him.

Rally, Nervin, Tank and Blitz watched from the distance. Rally questions, "Where did all those kids come from? It's like they never seen a dueler before. I mean come on, it's just Yusei."

Tank wonders out loud, "Maybe if I get his autograph, I can sell it online and get rich!" He chuckles, greedily. Rally responds to him by kicking him.

One of the little girl looks at Xina who was sitting behind Yusei on the duel runner. She tells her, "You're really pretty."

Xina smiles at the girl, "Thank you, so are you." The little girl smiles also at her compliment.

"Your eyes are so cool!" One boy compliments, noticing her two different colored eyes. Xina smiles at his compliment.

"What's your name?" One boy asks.

"What do you mean what's her name? It's Xina! Remember she was dueling in the Fortune Cup," Another boy tells him.

"Oh yeah, you're the lady with that cool dragon," A boy says, remembering the duel between her and Akiza.

"It's called Dragon of the Sun, right?" One boys asks.

Xina nods, "Yes." Xina takes out her Dragon of the Sun card and shows the kids her card.

They were all in awe. "Wow, it's just as pretty as it was summoned on TV," One girl comments.

Xina then shows Yusei since he hasn't seen the card either. "They're right. That dragon is a beauty," Yusei tells her as the kids continued talking about it. As Xina was putting her card back in her deck, two of the girls and boys were whispering to each other and giggling as they kept glancing over at Yusei and Xina.