Chapter 39: Trouble at the Gala

*edited 07/14/2020*

Trouble at the Gala

Three days later

Yusei, Crow and Jack were in the garage as Yusei was still working on the new engines. He spent all night trying to upgrade them. Crow was sitting on the couch, looking at Yusei. "Yusei, I think you should take a break. You been at it all night," Crow tells him.

Yusei exhaled quietly. He thinks, "He's right. I'm exhausted."

Jack was thinking about what Blister was telling them the other day.

Flashback

"Now that the old man is happy, we need to talk," Blister tells Yusei, Crow, Jack and Xina as he was typing on his computer. He begins, "Lately, multiple cities have been getting invaded."

"Invaded? By what?" Crow questions.

"That's the thing, no one knows," Blister answers as he showed multiple picture of buildings on fire, people screaming and running away from the cities. The cities almost looked dark. "No one sees it coming. Look here, even at one part of a forest was on fire," Blister tells them, showing them the picture of a little section of a forest on fire.

"So what does this have to do with us?" Jack asks as he crosses his arms.

"Look," Blister say as he shows them a satellite view. The gasp at the sight of it. The image showed that the cities that were being invaded are surrounded by New Domino City and Satellite, as if the invasions were making its way towards them.

"Woah, it's like a huge circle of darkness surrounding us," Crow says as his eyes were wide.

"And its slowly shrinking, getting closer," Blister tells them. "These aren't just some electrical malfunctions in these cities. I was doing more research and look at one of the pictures I found." Blister then showed them a picture from a street camera.

"What is that?" Jack questioned as his and everyone else's eyes widened.

It appeared to them as a shadow with glowing violet eyes with red smoky trail at the corners of them.

"Have any idea of what this could be, Blister?" Yusei asks, looking at him.

Blister looks up at him and says, "I was hoping you guys would know something about this."

Flashback ends

A question came to Jack's mind, "Have any idea why Blister was telling us about those other cities?"

Crow looks over at Jack, thinking about it. "He's probably still paranoid about the Dark Signer drama," Crow responds. He then realizes something. "And I think Xina still is too," Crow says.

Yusei looks at Crow, "What makes you say that?"

"After the duel with Goodwin, she seemed off. She seemed like she was afraid of something while we were on the beach. And with Blister, she looked sorta uneasy," Crow explains.

Jack mentions, "I noticed that too. But this is Xina we are talking about. She isn't scared of anything anymore, especially now that she is learning more about her abilities."

"That's the thing, Jack. Why is she so focused on learning more about her powers now? I mean, she is already strong enough, so what's making her want to become stronger?" Crow questions.

Yusei thinks about it. He tells them, "She probably doesn't want the same thing to happen twice. Xina is probably preparing for something that could happen, but it doesn't mean something will. After the duel with Goodwin, we were all shaken up. I don't blame her for trying to become stronger than before."