Chapter 42: Duel for Control

*I did not proof read this*

Previously

Xina and Dove were now at Xina's place. They just got there after taking Dove's belongings from her parents home, which wasn't much; just clothes and personal things.

As they were organizing the room where Dove will be sleeping in, Xina questions, "So who were those girls back there?"

Dove answers in her soft voice, "They are the mean, popular girls at school. They are known as The Sirens."

"The Sirens?" Xina asks, confused about that name title they have.

"Yes. Their ace cards are Sirenorca, Calista - Siren of the Aqua Force, and Cecilia - The Almighty Siren. Which is how they got their name," Dove responds softly.

"Are they good duelists?" Xina asks.

"Better than me. But they don't duel for fun. They duel to get what they want. They are the "bosses" at school. They are so controlling just like-"

"Sirens," Xina finishes the sentence for her making Dove nod. Xina then remembers something before she asks, "What kind of deck do you use?"

Dove thinks about it before answering, "My deck has multiple attributes."

Xina gasps before saying, "Mine too!"

Dove looks up at her as her eyes widen, "Really?"

"Yes! - We have to duel some time," Xina tells her with a smile.

Xina then looks at the time: 2:45 pm. Xina then tells her, "Since you'll be staying with me, I want you to meet a few of my friends. They're nice and we treat each other like family. You'll love them."

-

Yusei was the first one to greet back, "Hi Xina." He sees the other girl and asks, "Who's your friend, Xina?"

Xina smiles as she tells them, "Guys, this is Dove, my new roommate. Dove, this is Yusei, Bruno, Jack and Crow."

Dove shyly waves, "H-Hello."

Bruno, Yusei, and Jack say at the same time, "Hi."

Crow, however, was silent. He just admires her as he felt his heart racing. She was beautiful to him. Crow tries to shake it off as he reaches his hand out to her. "Hi, Dove," He manages to say.

Dove looks at his hand before looking at his grey eyes. Dove gently shakes his hand as a small blush forms on her cheeks. "H-Hi," She says again.

They let go of each other's hands but they didn't let go of their eye contact. Yusei, Bruno, Jack and Xina just look at the two, confused. Then Xina mentally gasps in shock. Her eyes widen as she thinks, Crow has a crush on her! His first crush!

-

They all went to a sandwich place for lunch. They all sat at the outside tables, eating their sandwiches. Bruno, Yusei, and Xina sat on one side of the table while Jack, Crow, and Dove sat on the other.

Soon, their lunch was interrupted by unwanted guests.

Duel for Control

Dove looks away from Crow to see three of the girls that were picking on her earlier that day. They were walking towards their direction. Dove quickly looks away, afraid, as she stares down at her half eaten sandwich.