Chapter 46: Their Slick Play

Their Slick Play

Xina was back at her place. Dove was asleep in the other room as Xina stares at her duel runner as she thought about the tournament. She than began thinking of Andre's Quick Attack Power Deck and his strategy. She thinks, Only if I knew Breo and Jean's strategies as well.

Then Xina heard a knock on the door. She wonders, A knock at this hour?

Xina goes to her front door and opens it. She sees Crow standing at her door step while it was still raining.

"Crow, come inside!" She tells him, rushing him inside. Once he was inside, she immediately closes the door and gets a dry towel from one of the drawers in the living room. She got a light blue towel and wraps it around Crow, trying to be careful with his hurt shoulder.

Crow just stands there, feeling guilty for snapping at her earlier that night. He didn't mean to, he just felt that no one cared about him. But at this very moment, he saw how caring Xina was which made him realize that there will always be someone caring for him, and that person will always be her.

"Where were you!? Do you know how worried I got?" Xina questions him seriously.

Crow just looks down. "I am sorry - for snapping at you and-"

"You don't need to apologize, Crow. I understand how you were feeling," Xina tells him reassuringly.

"Still, you didn't deserve that," Crow mumbled.

Xina places her hand on his other shoulder, making him look up at her. She tells him, "I know this tournament meant a lot to you, and I am going to let you know right now that I won't let you down."

Crow smiles before saying, "I know you won't." Xina tilts her head in confusion. He grabs her duel runner helmet that was close by and hands it to her. He continues, "Because I am going to help you practice."

-

Next morning

Bruno, Yusei, and Jack were in the garage as Bruno opens the garage door. Yusei speaks, "No sign of Crow or his duel runner. I guess he didn't come home last night."

"I hope he's okay. He seemed so upset when he left," Bruno says as he sat on his yellow duel runner with his helmet on.

"He's just playing up the drama like the man-child he is, but he is our man-child, so let's go find him!" Jack tells them.

Soon, they all were on their runners, driving through the streets. They try to look for any sign of Crow.

As they were driving, Jack realized that they didn't hear or seen Xina either. "No sign of Xina this morning either. I guess she's not up for it," Jack tells them.

Yusei glances at Jack when he mentioned Xina's name. He looks back on the road as he tries to not think about her too much.

The three boys slowed down by the pier to see Xina on her duel runner, running laps, while Crow was standing there with a stop watch.

Jack laughs in relief, "Well how dare they make us worry!"

"I wonder if they have been practicing all night," Bruno says, watching Xina do another lap.

Crow watches as Xina was on her next turn and shouts, "Don't hesitate! Hug that curve!" Xina nods as she makes the sharp turn with ease. Crow jumps in excitement. "Alright! You're gonna tear up that road, Xina!"

Crow reaches his hand out for a high-five. Xina passes by him, giving him the high-five before doing another lap.

Yusei smiles as he says, "Looks like we got a new teammate, Jack."

Dueling for Answers ~ YuGiOh 5D'sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara