Chapter 10: Sunshine and Roses

*edited 07/10/2020*

*it's gonna be a long chapter so grab ya popcorn*

Sunshine and Roses

Xina is sitting on the couch in the contest room. She stares down at her duel cards as she was in deep thought.

Leo speaks, "Xina, you'll do great. You're going to show that Black Rose not to mess with you! Oh my goodness- this is going to be awesome!"

"Leo, calm down. Xina doesn't want you screaming in her ear," Luna tells him, annoyed with her twin.

"It's fine, Luna," Xina reassures her. She puts her deck in her duel pocket that's attached on her gold belt.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's almost time! Get back to your seats, the duel is about to begin in 10 minutes!" The MC announces.

Xina stands from the couch and says, "It's time."

"Okay, Xina. Remember, Black Rose deals real damage. Don't let that scare you," Dexter tells her as Xina, Leo, Luna, Yusei, and him walked out of the room and into the hallway.

"Yeah, if anything, just block all of her attacks like you did a couple days ago," Leo tells Xina.

Soon, Akiza walks by them as she glares at Xina. She does the same back, but not as harsh as Akiza. Akiza stops at her tracks, glaring at Xina. Everyone stops as Xina stood in front of them, staring back at Akiza. Leo mumbles lowly, "The witch."

"Leo, she's not a witch," Yusei tells him.

Luna stares at Akiza and noticed how scary she was. She thinks, "Her cards... they are in pain."

"Xina," Akiza breifly says.

"Akiza," Xina responds.

Leo and Dexter look up at both of their faces, trying to read their expressions. Yusei stares at Akiza from beside Xina.

"Why are you still hanging out with children? Aren't you a little old to be playing games with them?" Akiza questions, not leaving her eyes off of Xina.

"Who said I was playing games?" Xina questions back.

[a/n: the irony! lol]

Akiza squints her eyes at her. "Don't test me, Xina. You know what I'm capable of," Akiza warns.

"I'm aware you're capable of a lot of great things, Akiza," Xina tells her.

"Great? What is great about this mark?" Akiza questions as she held her forearm.

Xina paused as she looked down at her arm, and so did Yusei. "Why were you so afraid when you saw my mark?" Yusei asks, looking back up at Akiza.

"Nothing good came out of this mark. Only pain, so what good would it be to have another one around?" Akiza answers, holding onto her arm tightly. "It's dangerous, so stay away."

"What's going on back here?" A voice says from the end of the hallway. Everyone looks over to see Lazar with a sly smirk. "Everyone getting along quite nicely? Before the next round, Akiza, Director Goodwin has a few things he would like to talk about. I'd say more but it's confidential, why don't you come with me-"

"Akiza must be getting prepared," A masculine, calm voice said from down the hall. Everyone looks over to see a man with dark red hair and green eyes.

"Who are you?" Yusei questions.

"That's none of your concern, Satelitte," The man states.

"You should watch your tone," Xina tells him, rather calmly.