Chapter 7: Spirit World

*edited 07/09/2020*

Spirit World

After the match between Yusei and Hunter, Xina was still in the contestant room, looking at the screen with Yusei's face on it, thinking. Soon her thoughts were interrupted.

"Hello, Xina," a buff, tall man greets as he walks into the room and sits on the couch. Xina looks over to see it was Grieger.

"Hello, Grieger," she greets back.

"Congrats on winning that first duel. It's not everyday someone doesn't synchro summon in a duel," Grieger comments.

Xina hummed. "Dueling is not all about synchro summoning. It's about trusting and believing in each individual card. It took me awhile for me to do so and it's not easy when you let your anger take over or seek revenge," Xina simply explains to him.

Grieger took in the young woman's words. He thought, "Revenge? I wonder if she knows about my village."

"Wise words, Ms. Fey. Where did you learn to be so modest?" Grieger asks with a nice smirk.

"It's not about where you learn, Grieger. It's when," Xina tells him.

Grieger thinks, "Why would Goodwin invite her here? I wonder if she's a Signer."

Yusei walks into the room and walks over to the couch where Grieger was sitting at. Xina was standing as she looks over at Yusei. "Great duel you played out there, Yusei. You really had me on the edge of my seat," Xina comments with a smile.

"Thanks, Xina," Yusei smiled.

Soon the MC starts to speak, grabbing everyone's attention. "We have a special announcement! Yes, the rumors you heard are true! Listen up first round losers, don't head for the exits just yet! Rex Goodwin, our Master of Ceremonies, has set up a losers bracket for the first round! That means if you lost, grab your deck because you might get a second chance to duel again!"

Xina eyes widen in confusion as she saw Luna, the Professor, Sir Randsbourg, and Hunter Pace on the holograms shown on the TV screen.

Yusei thinks, "What are you up to, Goodwin? You're not the type to give second chances unless you get something out of it."

Leo exclaims excitedly from the stands, "Alright! My Fortune Cup days are not over yet!"

"Um technically-" Dexters starts.

"Save your technically for the blogs Dex," Leo said, still excited about his second chance to duel.

"Ah, What Dex means is that my name is up there," Luna comments with a smile.

Leo ignores her as he sits back down on his chair. He then starts skimming through his deck, humming. "Now just you watch, I'm going to win for certain Luna," Leo says with a laugh. "Um, I need your hair braids though, okay?" Leo tells her.

Luna looks away from him. "Get your own," She says.

"Come on, Luna!" Leo begs. Suddenly the lights go out, making the two look up.