Chapter 49: Bliss Conquers

Bliss Conquers

At Yusei's place

It was nighttime, and everyone was standing around a table with food, snacks, and beverages. The team were having a little celebration party for their first win. They all held up their beverages as Jack, who had a few bandages, states, "Tonight, let's raise our glasses to honor Team 5D's victory, and it was all thanks to our Xina! Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone else says before taking a sip of their drinks.

Leo chugs his drink down before burping. Luna just closes her eyes at disgust of her twin brother. Leo speaks, "Man, when Jack wiped out and was trying to limp around the lap line, I was like "Aw, no way, they're done for..." "

"What are you blabbering about!? Jack Atlas does not limp, Jack Atlas is a warrior!" Jack snapped at Leo, glaring at the little boy.

Leo panicked at Jack's outbursts as he rambled, "Uh, no, I know, Jack. I was just saying that-"

Crow chimes in, placing his hand on Jack's shoulder, "He was just saying that when you failed to survive in the duel, he wasn't sure if Xina would be able to pick up your slack."

"Pick up my slack!?"

Crow takes his hand off Jack's shoulder. "Let's just tell it how it is, Jack. You did kinda go down like a lead balloon in that duel."

"At least I was in the duel in the first place, "big man." At least I didn't bail out on my friends over an insignificant wound," Jack fired back at Crow, clearly offended.

"I had a doctors note!" Crow argued.

"What? Are you five!?"

"No but he is a professional! A doctor! He said there was no way I could duel!"

"If you were a real man, you wouldn't let some uppity doctor tell you what you can and can't do!"

The two boys continued to bicker back and forth, making sweat drip down Leo's forehead. "This was supposed to be a celebration, not another duel," Leo says, laughing nervously.

Luna looks at him as she responds, "Yeah, well, you're the one who started this, Leo."

Then the twins look back at the two quarreling boys to see that they were just glaring at eachother, angrily.

The cafe waitress steps in between them. "Alright boys, break it up. This is a party. Let's not bicker," She tells them, smiling innocently.

Carly steps in as she agrees, "Exactly. Jack, let's let this one go have some fun. Let's eat some-" Carly then paused when she realized something. "Wait a sec, what are you doing here? The cafe is across the street!" Carly questions as she stood in front of Jack, glaring at the waitress.

"What about you!? Shouldn't you be out reporting on a story or something!?" The waitress also questions.

Carly hugs Jack arm before answering, "I'm actually working on a profile piece which requires me to be around my subject at all times."

"Potential conflict in progress! Break it up!" Mina says, cutting into the banter.

"Hey, Mina, if you're at the party, who's running the Public Security Bureau?" Carly asks curiously.