Chapter 50: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

The sun began to rise as the birds started to chirp and fly through the clear sky. Flowers bloomed, awakening from their slumber. Some people of the city started heading off to their jobs, and some started to get ready for the next WRGP rounds. It seemed as though everyone in the city was already awake. All except for two teenagers.

Xina felt her face become really warm, making her stir in her sleep. She feels a blinding light lay across her resting face. She manages to open her eyes but only to be blinded by the sun that was peaking through her window. This makes Xina turn to her other side so she doesn't face the sun. When she turns, she realizes that there was an arm laying on her. Xina looks to see a sleeping Yusei.

Xina smiles slightly, remembering her and Yusei confess their love for each other last night. She felt relieved and happy that Yusei and her felt the same about each other. But there was one thing that was holding her happiness back, and it is the vision.

The countless nights of terrifying, dark nightmares that made Xina believe that there is something that she needed to handle. She feared of people getting hurt. She feared of losing her friends.

She feared of losing Yusei.

Xina could feel tears about to form at the thought of Yusei getting hurt or worse. She couldn't imagine the deep, painful feeling that she would experience if that was to happen, and she never wanted to imagine it.

Those thoughts made her look at Yusei, who was still sleeping. Xina notices how peaceful he looked when he sleeps. It's like the serious, collected Yusei is no more and is now finally relaxed.

Xina places her hand on his cheek gently making sure she doesn't wake him up. She traces the yellow mark on his face so softly. She trails down the yellow mark and off his cheek, and then retraces the mark gently.

Yusei feels a soft touch on his cheek. He was still half asleep as Xina felt his arm, that rested on her, pull her closer to Yusei. This makes Xina stop tracing his mark, afraid that she would awake him. Xina then feels Yusei's hand grab hers and placed it back on his cheek. Instead of her tracing the mark, her warm hand rested on his cheek with his hand on top of hers.

Yusei's eyes finally opened as he was greeted with Xina's eyes looking directly at him in the eyes. Yusei smiles as he takes Xina's hand off of his cheek and kisses it. Xina blushes lightly at the gesture, making her smile.

Yusei then intertwines their fingers, holding her delicate hand into his hand that feels rough compared to hers. Yusei then says, which sounded raspy due to him just waking up, "Good morning, sunshine."

Xina smiles before saying, "Good morning, shooting star."

Yusei smiles at the nickname. "Shooting star?"

"Yes. You're my shooting star," Xina pauses before looking at their holding hands. She continues, "You're the shooting star I wished upon and my wish came true."

Yusei stares at her as she continued to look at their intertwined hands. He asks, "What was your wish?"

Xina moves her focus back on Yusei's sapphire blue eyes. "You," Xina answers.

Yusei felt his heart race. Even though they both confessed their feelings, he can't help but feel like he was falling in love all over again.

"Also, I got "shooting star" after your Stardust Dragon, so it fits you," Xina adds looking back at their hands.

Yusei laughs softly before saying, "That is what I assumed you got that nickname from first."

Xina then sees his hand leave hers, making her confused. Then she feels a hand on her cheek causing her to look at Yusei. His eyes looked into hers so lovingly that made her blush. He notices her cheeks turn pink making him smile.