Chapter 54: A Wizard Saved Us!

*warning: i did not proof read lol!*

A Wizard Saved Us!

It was now the day after Team Ragnarok's defeat against Team 5D's: Jack, Crow, and Yusei were the ones who dueled. Dragan, Broder, and Halldor were shocked about their defeat against the dragons, but humble.

Xina is sitting at her desk, thinking about what Halldor told her that day after the duel.

Flashback

"Simply sensational! The duel is over! Yusei has done it! And now Team 5D's are advancing to the Finals!" The announcer exclaims in excitement. The crowd cheers for their victory.

Yusei drives to the Team 5D's Terminal with a small smile on his face as everyone cheered. Leo exclaims, throwing his fist in the air, "Yusei did it again!"

"He's the man!" Crow cheered with a light laugh.

Xina waits outside the terminal for Yusei with a smile on her face. She had her hands on her hips, seeing Yusei driving towards her.

Yusei sees Xina standing by the starting line, waiting for him. His slight smile became bigger as he approaches closer.

Yusei finally stops beside Xina and takes off his helmet. Xina comments, "You surely do know how to get your fellow teammates on the edge of their seats."

Yusei chuckled at her comment before responding, "I tend to do that, huh?"

"Every time," Xina stated, shaking her head playfully. Xina then looks at Yusei, who was still sitting on his duel runner. She asks, "When did you learn that Accel Synchro technique?"

"I read about it when we were all at your place that day," Yusei answers with small smirk. "I decided to put it to the test today," Yusei added.

"Well it looks like you're going to have to teach me," Xina says with a wink.

Yusei smiles with a slight nod. "Sounds like a plan," He tells her.

Soon, the twins, Crow, Dove, Akiza, Jack and Bruno make their way over to them. Akiza was first to speak, "Great job out there, Yusei."

"Yeah, I totally knew you were gonna win that match!" Leo tells him with enthusiasm in his voice.

As the group continued to congratulate Yusei's win, Xina notices Halldor stopping at his terminal on his duel runner. He gets off of it as his two other teammates approach him. They shared a few words before looking over at Xina, who was already watching them. Xina sees Halldor motion her to go over to them while Dragan and Broder made their way towards Team 5D's to congratulate them on their victory.

Xina hums softly before making her way over to Halldor. Once she was close enough, she teased, "And you were saying that my friends aren't reliable allies."

Halldor lightly scoffs before telling her, "They don't know what they're up against."

"Neither do I or you," Xina started. "Just because we got glimpses of what is coming doesn't mean we know exactly what's going to happen, so we need all the help we can get."

"You're willing to put them at risk?" Halldor questions with a raised eyebrow.

Xina lightly laughs at his question. She responds, "No, but I got no choice." She then turns to look at her friends who were talking and laughing with Broder and Dragan. She sees the twins smiling victoriously while Dove, Akiza, Broder, Bruno, Crow, and Yusei were laughing and talking. She was shocked to see Dragan and Jack shake hands. Xina smiles before continuing, "They're my family, and as much as I tried to keep it from them, they managed to find out and wouldn't take no for an answer."