Chapter 40: The Stray Genius

*edited 07/14/2020*

The Stray Genius

Xina was relaxing at home, reading more about her powers. It was quite as the sunlight poured into the room through the windows. Then all of the sudden, darkness fulfills the room, making Xina confused. She heard screams and cries coming from outside. Xina runs outside to see flames everywhere as the black smoke covers the sunlight. People were coughing as they run out of their homes.

Xina went to help the people but she was stuck in place. She couldn't move. "What's going on!?" She questions as she felt herself floating high in the sky. Then she stops as she hovers over New Domino City. She can see everything was dark and on fire. Both the city and Satellite were covered in fear and darkness.

The screams of distress and fear from the people became louder and louder. Xina clamped her hands over her ears to try to block out the sounds. Xina wanted to help, but there was nothing she can do. She felt utterly useless.

Xina then thought of her friends, making her gasp in worry. "Oh no, where are they?!" Xina questions as she tried to look around.

She couldn't find them, but she heard their voices:

"Xina," Leo's voice echoes.

"Help us," Luna's voice echoes.

"We need you," Akiza's voice echoes.

"You can do this, sis," Crow's voice echoes.

"Don't give up," Jack's voice echoes.

"We are here for and with you," Yusei's voice echoes.

Then the tones of their voices changed.

"Xina!" Leo's voice shouts.

"Why aren't you helping us!?" Luna's voice shouts.

"We don't really need you!" Akiza's voice shouts.

"You did this to us!" Crow's voice shouts.

"You brought this onto us!" Jack's voice shouts.

"Why didn't you tell us, Xina? I thought I could trust you in telling me everything," Yusei's voice echoes. His tone clearly showed he was disappointed in Xina.

Xina felt her eyes water as her vision became blurry. There was a heavy pain in her heart from hearing their voices. Their words shattered her into pieces, especially Yusei's.

She managed to cry out, "Guys... I'm-"

"Weak," Another voice echoed. Xina's eyes widen at that voice as she recognized the darkness in its tone. Xina turns to see a shadowed figure of a man with the same evil eyes she always saw in her visions.

Xina questions as there was tears still in her eyes, "What's happening?"

He speaks again, "It's not what is happening, but what will happen."

Xina's eyes widened in worry. "No, no, no!" Xina exclaims as she shut her eyes tightly.

"Yes, Xina," The evil man taunts. He continues, "You're going to lose."

....

Xina shouts, "No!" She opens her eyes to see herself in her room. Xina was breathing heavily as she shot up from her bed. Sweat drips down from her forehead as she realized it was another dream. A dream that she did not want to come true at all.

The moonlight pours into the room. Xina sees herself still in her WRGP Gala dress. She wonders, "I don't remember coming home last night. All I remember was that Dobocle guy from the Gala."