Chapter 57: Disaster Strikes

Previously

The lights suddenly shut off catching everyone off guard. The only light source that was in the room was the moonlight shining through the window.

Ezor felt uneasy as coldness rushes through his veins. He thinks, It's him..

The large window doors flung open as strong gusts of wind rush inside, blowing everything. They look outside to see dark, thick clouds filling the night sky as they formed into a spiral. It caught everyone off guard as Crow questions, "What's going on!?"

"It's like what happened at the park! The weather suddenly changed out of nowhere!" Luna responds, shouting through the rough winds that were blowing inside.

Blister and Martha quickly reacted as they rush over to the kids. Blister tells the children, "Go to your rooms."

Xina then felt her head pounding, making her grasp her head with her hands tightly. She groans as she felt her moon mark glowing.

As Blister and Martha get the kids to their rooms, the team runs outside to see what was going on. Ezor held onto his now glowing staff firmly as he watched the clouds form into a spiral. Xina felt her head stop pounding suddenly but her mark was still glowing.

She wonders, Usually when that happens, I see images of the future. How come I didn't see any now?

Then black smog began to form into a figure of a man. Two violet and green orbs with red smoky flare at the ends began to glow, which appeared to look like eyes. Xina's eyes widened at the sight of it as she mutters,

"Yōkai."

Disaster Strikes

The dark, thick clouds continue to move in a spiral as lightning erupted in them. The sound of the thunder vibrates the ground as the winds were becoming stronger. The sudden outburst of the unusual weather eventually calms down slightly.

The team and Ezor stood outside of Martha's home, staring at the dark figure that stands in front of them. Martha and Blister were still inside with the children. Yusei, Jack, Crow, Akiza and the twins Signer marks began to glow, making them look down at their forearms. Dove's mark of the three falling feathers on her arm began to glow as well. However, Xina's sun and moon marks didn't glow, which confused her. But it was the least of her worries.

Ezor was first to speak, "You have some nerve to show up here!"

Yōkai smirks deviously at Ezor's statement. The black smoke continues to radiate off of his shadowed figure. He removes his stare from Ezor and looks at Xina.

Xina glares back at him to show no sign of weakness or fear, but deep down she was trembling. The smirk on his shadowed face disgusted her as she clenched her fists.

Suddenly, Luna's duel monster, Regulus, and Xina's duel monster, Sunset Lioness, appears in front of everyone before roaring at Yōkai.

Luna questions, "Regulus!? What are you doing?"

"We must protect them from Yōkai!" Regulus growls, ignoring Luna as he spoke to Sunset Lioness.

"I won't let you touch her or her friends! I failed my first master, I won't fail again!" Sunset Lioness bellows at Yōkai as she shows her teeth, threateningly.