Sinners and Saints

SINNERS AND SAINTS
{edited}

Elijah stood a distance away from Davina and Agatha.

He was hungry and it showed. His skin was gray from desiccating, and Agatha was quite positive he was staring at their necks.

She was impressed when he didn't try to bite either of their heads off.

"You're the one they call honorable," Davina stated.

Elijah smiled, and his aura screamed professional.

"Yes, that's what they call me," he replied. "And yet, I followed my brother here to New Orleans to engage in a war. So, I ask you, does that sound honorable to you?"

Was that a rhetorical question?

"You don't look well," Davina told him. He didn't, as said before his skin was a sickly gray color and he looked very, very hungry.

"Well, only this morning I had a mystical dagger embedded in my chest, so I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well," Elijah said. He paused but continued. "Davina, Agatha, I believe that you and I have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins. I, by keeping my brother in line; you, by behaving like your true self—not some tool for Marcel or the witches."

"And why should we trust you?" Agatha asked.

"Well, for one thing, in spite of a ravenous hunger, I have not tried to take your blood," Elijah remarked.

"Why not?" Davina asked. "We're the only ones here."

"Even in my present condition, I would not feed from children."

Agatha raised her eyebrows. Perhaps he was better than his brother, but she still didn't trust him.

Yet, much like Klaus, they could use Elijah Mikaelson.

She walked over to a desk, pricking her finger with a needle. A drop of blood at the end of the needle. She walked closer to Elijah, giving him the needle, the blood. As soon as he swallowed, his skin returns to his normal complexion

Agatha smiled.

Klaus paced in the back kitchen of Rousseau's, and when Sophie came in, Klaus grabbed her and vampire speed her to his Mansion, right on the chair right next to the already there Athan.

"We had a deal!" Klaus yelled at Sophie. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear," Sophie replied. "Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

"I already told them that, but did they believe me, no," Athan muttered.

Everyone ignoring Athan, they continued. "Then who were they?" Rebekah asked.

"They are a faction of extremists," Sophie answered. "Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asked. "She has them all the time," Sophie replied. "They are completely open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?"

Flashback

Sabine swung a crystal, hanging by a string, over Hayley, who lies on a table face up. Athan stood next to her, looking curious.

"I think it's a girl," Sabine said. She paused. "No... wait."

"Wait what?" Hayley replied. "Please tell me I'm not having a mini-Klaus."

The crystal sparkled in the light and suddenly Sabine dropped it, gasping, her eyes rolling back into her head, as she shouted, "Hoc est infantima malom. Nos omnia perditu el eam."

Present

Athan sighed. "Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

Klaus grinned. "Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second."

Athan rolled his eyes.

"Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witches Davina and Agatha's loyalty," Rebekah said, sparking the interest of both Athan and Sophie. "Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah's talking to..Agatha and Davina?" Athan asked, a concerned look on his face.

"As we speak, I imagine," Rebekah replied.

"I'm guessing they'll have plenty to say about that crowd," Sophie said, thinking.

Athan gave Sophie a hard look. They would have plenty to say.

"Do tell."

"I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches."

8 Months Ago

At Rousseau's, in the past, Sophie danced to music behind the bar, the crowd cheering. "Woo, drink up everybody! This is how they party in Rio!" She yelled to the drunk crowd, ending it with pouring liquor straight into her mouth straight from the bottle.

"My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21, I left the Quarter to travel... and play."

Sophie poured alcohol into a girl's mouth and kisses her after she drinks it.

"But, I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's."

Jane-Anne entered Rousseau's Sophie seeing her. "Oh, Jane-Anne!" Jane-Anne smiled and they hugged. "Welcome home, Soph," Jane-Anne said. "Can we go some place to talk?"

"Just tell me," Sophie insisted.

"The elders called a vote," Jane-Anne told her. "We're moving forward with the Harvest."

Sophie stared at her sister, stunned. "What?"

"What the bloody hell is a Harvest?"