A Closer Walk With Thee

{unedited}

I had been taken to Samaria's house by her, her father, and Celina. There they "patched me up" more than before.

Then I heard that Father Kiernan had died. I couldn't go to his funeral because my ribs were broken and I couldn't walk without hurting them. Plus my right arm was broken and in a sling.

Meaning I wasn't in any state to go or do anything.

~~~~
ABATTOIR COMPOUND

Then I changed my mind. I needed to tell Hayley that Oliver was one of the people who had bombed the Bayou. Plus the one that had murdered the innocent Eve.

I couldn't sit still, so yeah, I needed to tell someone. I went to the abattoir compound to find Hayley. I figured she had been put on lockdown.

Instead of finding Hayley though, I find Elijah.

"Where's Hayley?" I asked him, approaching on the balcony.

"A simple hello would suffice Athan," Elijah replied, shortly.

"Hello," I retorted. "Now where's Hayley?"

I saw a shadow of a smile appear on Elijah's face. "I believe she's in her room. She won't be there for long, she needed some stuff to take to the Bayou. For the injured werewolves."

"Thanks so much," I say sarcastically about to leave, turning to go

"You look bad," Elijah stated before I can make my get away. I turn back around.

"That's the nicest thing you ever said to me," I retorted. "Is there any reason why you stated my appearance?"

"I could help you, ease your pain," Elijah said. "Give you some of my blood."

I narrowed my eyes. "Not only does that sound like a bad idea, but it also makes me very curious," I replied. "Why would Elijah Mikaelson want to help me?"

"Perhaps I'm not as evil as you think I am."

I didn't think he was evil, okay maybe a bit.....I did think he was selfish.

Elijah gaze turned to something behind me. "Genevieve," he said. I turned around to see the red haired witch.

"I asked around," she told him. "It's not just your father. The purgatory where supernatural souls are trapped is disintegrating."

I was confused, but interested to say the least.

"What do you mean, "disintegrating?" I asked.

Klaus entered the room. "She's right... more or less," Klaus said. "It's actually imploding. I made a call to a rather reluctant Bennett witch in Mystic Falls who said the same thing. The dead are being torn away into nothingness. And, they're not interested in going quietly."

My interest peaked when he said Bennett witch. My gram had known a witch named Sheila Bennett who had lived in Mystic Falls.

"So, you're saying that our father, faced with permanent extinction, has decided to spend his remaining tormenting us?" Elijah asked. "How delightful!"

"Well, on the plus side, we'll soon be rid of his abhorrent soul forever," Klaus said. "And what a good riddance that will be!"

Genevieve sighed. "So, am I in the clear, Elijah?" She asked. "Or is there a new conspiracy you two would like to threaten me over?"

"Nothing springs to mind at this precise moment..." Elijah trailed off.

"Oh, gee," Genevieve said sarcastically. "Thanks."