Always and Forever

ALWAYS AND FOREVER
(edited)

WHO WAS AGATHA?

Well, she was alive.

She's a friend. A child. A sibling. A human being. A witch.

If there was anything Agatha hated with all her being, it was one seemingly innocent thing.

She was a witch.

Not the bibbidi bobbidi boo kind or the Harry Potter kind. No, the kind that gets massacred.

Slaughtered.

And all those other ones sounded fun.

~

Witches die all the time. It's not anything new.

Though it is quite rare for witches to be killed by other witches.

Especially if those witches are younger than eighteen.

It had happened though, eight months ago. Five girls and one bloodthirsty coven. Three out of five of those girls were dead.

Agatha was alive. She was still breathing. She had survived.

All thanks to Marcel and Cosette. They had saved Agatha and Davina. That was all Agatha wanted at this point, to survive.

Well, there was one more thing.

She wanted revenge.

She wanted to make the witches pay for what they did to her and the others.

They had already made sure that the witches could not practice magic, the ones caught being killed.

Was that enough for Agatha?

Not even a little.

They had taken her life. So she would take theirs.

Could you really call it revenge, when it would be justice?

Agatha sat at her piano, playing a few notes every here and there. Thinking.

She did a lot of thinking nowadays.

She lived in an attic above a church, with nothing to do and no one to talk to but Davina.

She thought about many things. Her justice. Her life before and her life now. The witches. The vampires. Her family.

Her family always seemed to cross her mind.

Her mother was dead, she had died the night Agatha was intended to die, eight months ago.

Her father and brother were still alive though.

She missed her brother the most. Their parents had been the ones that were willing to sacrifice their daughter.

Athan hadn't known anything.

She knew that. He would have tried to save her if he had known.

"Stop that," Davina told her friend, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"What?"

"You're thinking, bad thoughts. I can see it on your face."

"Like we have so much to be happy about right now?" Agatha replied, looking down to the keys on her piano.

The piano had been a gift from Marcel and Cosette, as had Davina's paint sets.

They had given them so much.

They had saved them. They were alive. That was something to be happy about.

Agatha and Davina turned to look at each, both stopping what they were doing.

They heard footsteps.

Every time they heard noise, both of them had a minor heart attack.

It would only ever be three people.

Marcel. Cosette. Or the witches.

One beat.

Two beat.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Breath deeply.

It was Marcel.

Breath out.

"I assume it's all quiet out there?" Marcel asked.

"The witches know better than to use magic," Davina said. "They know we can sense it when they do."

Agatha nodded, smiling bitterly.

She hoped it made the witches shiver in fear every time they thought of that.

Davina looked sharply at Marcel.

"What about the old ones? They're dangerous, and we don't want them to hurt you."

Agatha didn't need to ask Davina if she could us we in that sentence. They had become a we when they almost were killed side by side.

"The Originals?" Marcel stared at Agatha's and Davina's concerned faces.

Agatha's face wasn't quite as concerned, but Marcel knew that she had gotten better at hiding her emotions the last few months.

Sometimes he was worried about the young girl, even more than Davina.

She was younger than Davina, she was the youngest in all of the five girls.

She was quiet most days. Always thinking. Then there were days were she was so fierce and so talkative.

For better or for worst, what had happened eight months ago had changed her.

It had changed both of them. It had made them stronger.

"Agatha, Davina, as powerful as you guys are, they don't stand a chance."

Agatha smiled.