What I Did For Love

{unedited}
Third Person, Abbitor Compound

Marcel looked at Agatha's unconscious, sedated self. His eyes trailed down to the needle that made sure she didn't wake. Athan looked at him, intently, on the other side of Agatha's bed. He was counting on him to get her out. There were two vampires that watched his every move, but they wouldn't care about Marcel.

Athan listened to the wind, the very thing that Sophie had said would come next. He didn't care, though. If the witches were telling the truth, he would gladly watch New Orleans burn to the ground. As long as his sister was okay. But he doubted that they were telling the truth, in the last eight months he had learned something.

Trust no one. No one.

Especially not the The Originals. Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and even Hayley.

"We all agreed that Agatha must be sacrificed." He heard Klaus tell Elijah downstairs. "There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime."

His hands rolled into fists. "No way!" Marcel yelled, angrily. He walked, fast, from Agatha's Room, then jumped down the balcony. He went down, aimming his fist at Klaus's face. "You're not touching her!" Klaus smirked, wiping some blood off his mouth.

"Ok," he said. "I'll let you have that one."

"Marcel, no one wishes to see Agatha come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out," Elijah said, emotionless. "She's going to die."

"According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here," Athan retorted, looking down at them from the balcony.

"The harvest was working before it was stopped," Elijah responded. "If a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also, am a believer."

"I saved Davina and Agatha from the harvest, Davina was killed because she was trying to save Tim, there's only one thing I can do for Davina now. Protect Aggie, just like she would had. And you want me to just hand her over?"

"Do you think that I'm happy about this?" Klaus asked, irritated. "If the witches complete the harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Agatha is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire."

"Oh!" Athan laughed, humorously, from above. "Now you care about the city."

"We ought to," Elijah muttered. "We built it."

"And we saw it burnt to the ground twice," Klaus said, excluding Athan. "I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yeah," Marcel muttered. "Yeah." He stormed away, angrily. Athan glared at the two originals. He hated them. He hated them, so much. He felt like he was consumed by anger and hate. And if Agatha died, he knew he'd be consumed by revenge too.

He left the balcony, and went back into Agatha's room, so he could make sure no one hurt her.

He would try, no, make sure....No one would hurt his sister, his family...Unless they went through him.

~~~~

Athan still sat in Agatha's room, Marcel had come in a while ago. Athan sighed, and looked at Marcel. He looked like he was thinking about something. Maybe he was realizing he didn't have to be Klaus's bitch.

Athan didn't care, honestly, what the vampire was thinking about...He just wanted to save his sister. And he would do it with or without Marcel. He picked Aggie up and started to walk away and out.