Le Grand Guignol

{unedited}

Samaria and I stood in my old bedroom. I was moving in with her family, since I don't have any. My father's at the some bar drowning himself like he has been doing for more than eight months. Samaria and I were talking about what had gone down with the Originals, Marcel had called me and given me the details.

"So Rebekah tried to kill Klaus in 1919, so now Klaus is trying to kill her, and Elijah's trying to prevent it," I summed up, while stuffing a bunch of T-shirts in my dufflebag. "Well, at least we know nothing's new for the Originals."

Samaria snickered. "At least we know the world will be rid of one more Original."

I looked at her. "You actually think Klaus will kill his sister?" I asked. Samaria nodded. "Yeah, I mean, don't you?" Samaria answered. "This is Niklaus Mikaelson we're talking about. He's killed millions, including his parents."

"Well, and I can't believe I'm saying this, his parents deserved it," I told her. "Apparently insanity runs in his family. And they were definitely the worst."

"Thats debatable," Samaria muttered. Maybe.

"Speaking of parents, though," I said. "Are you sure yours are okay with me moving in?" Samaria looked shocked that I even asked that question, and looked up sharply. "Of course they are!" She exclaimed. "Why would you even think they weren't?"

"Its just most people don't move into their sister's best friend's house, right after their sister is killed by witches, and they realize the mother they thought was dead is actually alive."

Samaria smiled, amused. "In cause you haven't noticed, we aren't 'most people'." I half smiled, only for a second.

It's silent for a moment, then I noticed Samaria looking at me, grimly and worried.

"So, speaking of parents, what are you going to do about yours?"

"What can I do?" I asked. "If my father wants to be an alcoholic, then let him him be an alcoholic. If my mother wants to be a psychopath, let her be a......"

Samaria gave me the gesture to stop talking, staring behind me. I shook my head, understanding. "She's right behind me isn't she?" I sighed, and turned around. And there she was, standing there, a sad look on her face.

I didn't have empathy for her. She had been willing to sacrifice her daughter, and was now taking her daughter's place. I didn't feel anything but hatred for her.

"Hello, mother."

~~~~

"So," I said. "What's stopping me from killing you right now." My mother tried to hide her shock.

"Because you're my son and you're not a killer," She told me, certainty in her voice.

"Well my mom's a killer, who says I'm not just like her?" I asked.

My mother was unfazed. "I do."

I snorted. "Well, I don't really care about you say anymore." I looked at Samaria who has a fierce look on her face, as if she would protect me if needed. Although I didn't show it, I actually felt a little...touched.

"Lets go Samaria."

"Where are you gonna go?" My mother asked. "Back to the vampires and hybrids."

"Why?" I asked. "Why do you even care?"

"No matter what you may think, I'm still your mother," My mother insisted. I shook my head.

"No, no matter what you think," I retorted. "My mother died when she sold her soul to the witches."

I walked away, Samaria behind me.

~~~~~

Anyone else shipping Atharia? Or do you guys want Jathan? We haven't seen Jo for a while. Atharia could just be friends?