The Kids Aren't Alright

THE KIDS AREN'T ALRIGHT
{edited}

Agatha woke up, with no Davina in sight.

She noticed the blood that stained the ground, and crawled over to her brother, who was cradling his broken arm that had a piece of glass in it.

"Athan," Agatha shouted, worried "Are you okay?"

"I'm as good as can be expected," he replied, using her response from the same question earlier. "I mean, my arm is broken but that's just because I hit the pew the wrong way."

Agatha looked at it sadly, it looked painful. He was trying to hide it but he was in pain. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

"Where's Davina and Tim?" I asked, not seeing them anywhere. "I told Davina to go wait somewhere. She went to the attic."

Agatha nodded, then narrowed her eyes, titling her head. "Your conflicted."

Athan didn't know how to respond, he paused before he spoke. "Of course I am, I'm not sure if I should go kill Klaus quickly or torture him very slowly."

Agatha shook her head. "Athan, you know you can't lie about this, I can tell when someone's conflicted, or confused, or unsure."

It wasn't a witchy power, it had just always been a gift, an instinct. Agatha's witchy power was that she knew when someone was dead. She just didn't know when they were going to die. Which, would have been helpful in the long run.

"Your wondering if maybe the witches are right." Athan started to shake his head and speak but Agatha cut him off. "Your conflicted on if there's a maybe if it's better if I die, because maybe I'll come back to life." Athan again to speak but Agatha again beat him to the punch. "Do you really want to base my life on a maybe?"

"No, I would never do that, Aggie, your putting words in my mouth!" Athan exclaimed, annoyed.

"That's not why I'm conflicted, I'm not going to let you die. I'm conflicted on if you can't handle your magic, what's going to happen to you? Are you going to be okay? I don't know how to help you when everyone seems to be pinning to kill you!"

Agatha stared at him sadly, all her anger evaporating. "You shouldn't have to worry about that, you're just a kid."

Athan laughed. "So are you, you're only ten minutes older, you shouldn't have to deal with any of this."

"I need you to know that no matter what happens, were in this together!" Athan said.

"Okay," Agatha replied, sighing. "Us, against the world." They pinky swore in it, like the nerds they were.

"How touching," Klaus said, standing in the entryway, ruining the moment. Agatha looked at him, surprised to see tears in his eyes. Maybe he did have a heart?

"Reminds me of my family but without all the killing." He laughed humorless.

"You'll be happy to know that Davina is okay and went back to the attic, of course, after I healed sweet Tim from death and compelled him to forget, she does owe me a favor."

"And if you heal my twin brother you think I'm just gonna kneel at your feet?" Agatha asked. "He can handle it."

Athan's eyes went wide. Agatha ignored him and continued. "Though if you just want to heal him out of the kindness of your heart, I might consider being open to negotiations of an understanding."

Agatha smiled at Klaus and he nodded, healing Athan. Of course, I never would trust the Original, but it didn't mean he wouldn't make good allies against the witches.

They could use him.

Agatha had said goodbye to Athan and he had promised no witch would ever know where they were hiding.

Shefound Davina in the attic, holding Tim's violin, crying. Agatha hugged her. She had gotten the just of what had happened with Tim.

Tim had gotten deadly injured because of their magic. Klaus used that to his advantage. He healed dying Tim, then Klaus said Davina owned him a favor.

"We might have both said we'd help Klaus but we shouldn't," Agatha said. "He wants power and we can give it to him. But he's Niklaus Mikaelson and will use it for own needs and wants. No matter what happens to us."

"I hurt Tim today, because I got so angry," Davina replied, sorrowful. "He healed him, so like it or not, I owe him."

"No, you don't, if I've heard enough stories about the Originals it's that they will do anything to get what they want, he probably hurt Tim himself."

Davina looked down, considering what Agatha had said. "He did seem intent on getting us on his side."

"He's a selfish murderous vampire, how many people do you think he's killed?"

Davina didn't say anything, considering the number was probably infinity and still growing.

"He just wants to use us, and so we can backfire," Agatha wondered out loud. "We can use him."

There's a silence as Davina thought on what Agatha said. She took a deep breath, and picked up Tim's violin, sad.

"I can try to fix that for you," Agatha muttered, the anger at Klaus finally gone as she see how sad her friend actually was.

Davina waved her arm, making the chimes play a song, undoubtedly something from Tim.

"I'm so sorry, but it'll be over soon."

"I hope."

Agatha hoped so too.

For a tiny second she thought it wouldn't be over in a good way, because suddenly the floorboards creaked, and she would admit, she jumped.

Davina could see her friend was nervous so she went to look, looking namely at the coffin.

Agatha was full of relief when it wasn't the witches, but than she realized... Maybe she shouldn't be very relieved.

It was Elijah Mikaelson.

Of course Agatha wasn't nervous now, looking at him. He still posed the threat of death, but she wasn't afraid, not of him. Plus he looked unstable, his skin gray.

"It's all right," he told them. "I don't mean either of you any harm, though I do think it's time we had a talk."

He wanted to talk? Agatha smirked, it probably wouldn't end that way.