Crescent City

{unedited}

Samaria, who was Agatha's best friend before the Harvest, was the one that told me Monique Deveraux was alive.

We assumed that she was alive because the crazy witch I heard tried to kill Marcel and the Originals was dead. That meant that witches had interfered with the Harvest, coming back instead of the Harvest Girls.

It also meant if we killed those that took there place, the Harvest Girls would start coming back, one by one.

If we killed the one that took Agatha's place, she would come back.

~~~~

Marcel, Samaria, and myself entered Rousseau's.

"Monique Deveraux," Marcel said. "Everyone in the Quarter's been talking about you."

"Classy," Sophie commented. "You kill her mother and now you've come to threaten her?"

"We're not here to threaten anyone," I told them.

"What do you want?" Monique asked.

"There were four more girls sacrificed during the Harvest," Marcel said. "We want to bring them back."

"Who are you kidding?" Sophie asked, angrily. "You don't care about those girls. You just want Davina back, so you can use her power again."

"We just want her alive," I told them. "You really think I'd be here if he just wanted to use her."

"They're telling the truth," Monique said.

"How do you know that?" Sophie asked, confused.

"I can feel it." Sophie's niece replied. "Athan loves her. Samaria loves her. And Marcel's loyal to her. They're here to help."

~~~~
The Abattoir

Sophie was only going to help us if Marcel gave her money. From what I could guess, she wanted money so she and Monique could split and run.

Sophie, Samaria, and myself we're all trying to perform a locator spell. Marcel had the names of most of the witches he believed had hijacked the Harvest. Bastianna, the elder, Sabine, or Celeste, the witch that Davina nd Agatha had known was evil, some red haired witch named Genevieve, and as for the last one, he had no idea.

"I'm weaker than I thought," Sophie said. Possibly, but it was also possible that the witches had created a invisibility spell, so they couldn't be found unless they wanted to.

"You want the deal, Soph, you gotta hold up your end," Marcel told her. "I'm on a clock."

"Okay," Sophie replied. "It's working."

We had found Bastianna.

"That's one," Marcel told her. "I need all four."

"I'm giving you whatever I can pick up," Sophie responded, irritated.

"Keep trying."

Klaus suddenly appeared. "Or don't." He said, looking like had an evil plan. "Who needs a locator spell when I have all the leverage I need right here?"

Suddenly, he zoomed away, using vampire speed, taking Monique Deveraux with him.

"No!" Sophie screamed. "Monique!"

~~~~
French Quarter, Third Person

Klaus Mikaelson walked with Monique as his captive.

"Witches of the French Quarter!" Klaus called out. "I have with me Monique Deveraux. What a shame it would be were I forced to sent her back to the death she's just escaped! Should you wish to prevent this, bring me the witch Bastianna!"

Marcel showed up, having heard Klaus' ranting and raving.

"The hell you think you're doing?" Marcel said, angry.

"I'm opening negotiations," Klaus retorted. Marcel didn't look quite happy. "You know my rules. We do not hurt kids."

"Spare me the hypocrisy of your moral code," Klaus told Marcel. "It didn't stop you from killing Monique's mother."

Marcel looked down, guilty.

Klaus looked away from Marcel, focusing on why he was doing what he was.

"Bastianna!" Klaus screamed. "I know you're close. The stench of witches hangs in the air. Mark my words! I will end this girl with the very blade you meant for me."

"I'm not saying it again," Marcel warned threatening. "We do not kill kids."

Klaus, mockingly, held the blade near Monique's throat. Marcel, having enough, vampire speeds over. Consequently, they start to fight. In the end, Klaus loses the blade, and Klaus breaks Marcel's neck.

"I decide who lives and dies here, Marcellus." Klaus said to the unconscious Marcel. Suddenly, Sophie Deveraux appeared, with the blade that Klaus dropped in hand. She instantly shoved the blade into Klaus' chest, and it slides in toward his heart.

Klaus immediately started to scream in agonizing pain.

Naturally, that was the time Bastianna deemed appropriate to show up.

"I'll take it from here." Bastianna told Sophie and Monique, taking Klaus' body.

~~~~

It was later on and Sophie Deveraux was trying to persuade her niece to get into her truck and leave New Orleans.

"Come on," Sophie said. "We have to go."

"I don't wanna go," Monique told Sophie.

"Monique, this isn't a debate," Sophie replied. "I just stabbed an Original. He's gonna kill me as soon as he's recovered. Look, I'm sorry for everything. I should have come and got you before that stupid Harvest. But you can still have a normal life. One without all this crazy witch nonsense."

"But I am a witch," Monique responded. "And I don't want to go."

Monique started to use magic to burst blood vessels in Sophie's brain. Sophie, obviously, felt it.

"Monique?" Sophie asked, confused.

"The ancestors said you didn't have enough faith," Monique replied. "I was hoping they were wrong. I should've known better."

Sophie nose started to bleed. "Monique," Sophie said, the hint of betrayal and hurt in her eyes.

"You tried to stop the Harvest," Monique accused.

"Please don't do this," Sophie begged.

"Now you wanna run when we need to stay and fight," Monique continued.

"Please, I'm begging you. Don't, don't....

"The five of us, when we return..." Monique said. "We'll have enough power to rid this city of vampires, and we'll kill anyone who doesn't keep the faith."

Blood started to come out of Sophie's eyes, and she started to cough.

"Monique... please..."

"You should have believed," Monique told the dying Sophie.

"Stop... please..."

Monique doesn't stop, as Sophie falls to the ground, on the brick of death. And then she left her.

Samaria and Athan stared in complete shock as Monique killed Sophie.

They drifted farther into the shadows as Monique left her dying aunt, walking to four witches. Sabine, or whatever her name was, Celeste, the red haired witch named Genevieve, Bastianna, and a blonde witch with piercing grey eyes. Athan's eyes widened, it couldn't be.....

"Oh my God...." Samaria breathed, her voice barely audibly. "That's your mom."

Sophie breathed her last breath.