The Casket Girls

{unedited}

The next day, we were still removing the compulsion, and Cami was still screaming. The only thing that had changed was now Josh was here.

We take a break. "Oh god, it hurts!"

I knelt down in front of her. "I'm so sorry, Cami," I said, truthfully. "It's the only way to break Klaus' compulsion."

"Believe me, I know what it's like," Josh told her. "You're okay. And hey...All these notes that you made?"

He looked down at her notes in his hands, I looked too. One note said in capitalized letters, DON'T TRUST KLAUS.

"It's very momento of you," I told her. "Nice work."

"We've been at this all night," Cami replied. "I don't understand what's happening to me, I don't understand any of this.."

"But you will," Davina said. "We will unlock every stolen memory, undo every piece of mind control that any vampire has ever done to you. When we're done, you will understand all of it, and you'll be free."

Davina paused. "We can stop, if you want me to," she told Cami.

"No, don't stop," Cami replied. "I want to remember everything."

~~~~

It was over, we were done. I dropped to my knees again

"You should start to feel, like, a weight lifting," Davina said.

"And your cheat sheets are about to make a lot more sense," Josh told her.

The sunlight streamed through the window, burning Josh's hand, causing him to drop Cami's notes. Josh quickly jerked his hand back.

"I promise, as soon as the world stops hunting us, we will find the daylight ring spell," I promised him.

"I know, just... don't worry about that right now," Josh replied.

Cami picked up a photo that had been in her notes.

"I remember why I wrote this," Cami told us. "I found a picture of Klaus and Marcel from 1919. Klaus compelled me to go out with Marcel, to spy on him. That's what he said yesterday, before he told me to forget. I'm remembering."

"Let's take you back more," I said. Cami nodded and I put my hand on her head.

I saw the same thing Cami saw.

"Leave New Orleans," Past Klaus compelled.  "Forget me. Your brother was ill. You have no reason to stay."

I let go of her head. Cami's nose began to bleed.

~~~~

I poured a glass of water with certain in it and set it on the kitchen table, right in front of Cami.

"Keep drinking," I ordered her, gently. "You need the vervain in your system so you can't be compelled again."

Josh looked in the fridge. "Hey Cami, you don't have any like... human blood in your fridge, do you?"

I rolled my eyes, so did Davina. "For crying out loud, here." Davina held up her arm in front of Josh's face. He hesitated, but eventually took hold of her wrist.

Before he could get blood, Davina and I felt something....Josh and Cami noticed.

"Aggie? Davina?" Cami questioned.

"Someone's practicing magic," I breathed. "They're trying to find us."

"Then we have to run."

Cami was frantically packing things in a bag. I knew it was pointless though.