Clockwork

CLOCKWORK
{edited}

HAYLEY WALKED AROUND THE POOL.

She heard a twig snap nearby, then walked toward the sound to see a wolf staring at her. A voice behind her startled her and she whirled around. .

"You're not supposed to be out here," Athan said.

"Athan, you're not either," Hayley replied.

Hayley looked toward the woman standing next to him. "Who are you?"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," the woman apologized. "I'm Sabine. We met. I'm one of Sophie's friends."

"You're one of the witches."

"Sophie just asked me to come keep you company while everyone's out," Sabine told her. "And then Sabine asked if I wanted to come," Athan told her.

"You know, it's drawn to you," Sabine told Hayley. She nodded towards where the wolf had been standing. "The child you're carrying is part vampire, part werewolf. You and Klaus made something special."

"You sound like Elijah," Hayley replied looking down and smiling (Athan narrowed his eyes at that).

"He thinks this baby is going to make us one big, happy family, but now he's gone and I don't even know what... 'it' is."

"You know, I can do something about that, if you want. I mean, find out if it's a boy or girl."

"I thought you couldn't do witchy stuff around here," Hayley said. "It's not magic, just an old trick my grandmother taught me."

Hayley looked hesitant, looking at Athan for some sort of comment. "Why not?" he said, noticing her look.

"You have to be a little curious."

The Cemetery

Katie began by sprinkling sand over their tableau.

Attic Room

Davina was asleep, peacefully. Agatha was sitting by the window, looking out, thinking.

She heard a voice, then another, her shareholding around to findable was whispering. "Something's coming," she whispered, standing up.

She looked as Davina thrashed in her sleep, waking up.

Davina rouse from her bed and went to her easel.. They both blinked, coming to the realization.

"Magic."

The French Quarter

Klaus watched as more of Marcel's men lead Thierry out of the party and out onto the street, where a small crowd of more vampires watch Katie approach from down the street, chanting. Klaus watched the events unfold from a window above.

St. Ann's Church -- ATTIC ROOM

Davina madly scribbling at her easel. Agatha went to where she was before, picking up her journal, starting to scribble letters on a page, she starts to write a K.

The French Quarter

"Katie, no!" Thierry shouted.

"Like clockwork," Klaus said to himself. Katie, ignoring her love, waved her arm causing a lamp's light explodes; all the vampires grab at their heads, falling down in pain.

St. Ann's Church - The attic

Davina's drawing appears to be Katie's face. And the letters Agatha was scribbling over and over all spell out a name. KATHERINE BLAISE-ABSHIRE.

The French Quarter

Marcel rose back up to face Katie, but she smashes another light with magic and Marcel goes down again. Marcel rises again, but Katie used magic to break his bones, and he fell again shouting in pain.

"NO!" Both Agatha and Davina shouted.

In her attic room, Davina lifts her hands slowly; Agatha doing the same. Marcel again rises, and Katie looks astonished.

"You're here to save your man," Marcel said. "Well, come on, little girl!" He growls as he runs to attack Katie, but she halts him with magic, and he falls down groaning. Davina in her room falls at the same time. Katie lifts a wooden stake above Marcel.

"Die, you son of a bitch," Katie said holding a stake above Marcel, over his heart.

"No! Katie! Don't!" Thierry shouted.

And for a second there, it was clear Marcel was going to die....But then Klaus swooped in and snapped Katie's neck.

She fell to the ground, dead.

Thierry crawled over to Katie's body. "No. Katie. No, no, no, no." He sobbed over her body, cradling it. Marcel catches Klaus' eye, and nods.

And for Klaus, all had gone according to plan.

Later
St.Anne's Church - The attic

Davina was kneeling at Elijah's open casket. Agatha was pacing, thinking.

She had once known Katie, before all this happened. There parents we're close friends. Plus, it was Katie that gave her brother and her there first jobs at her Voodoo Shop....

Her thoughts are interrupted as they both hear a door open, Marcel entering. Davina ran to hug him, Agatha giving him a sincere smile.

"You're okay!" Davina said. "We were so worried."

"Thank you," Marcel replied. "Whatever you guys did, I felt it. You helped me."

"It was the old ones, wasn't it?" Davina asked. "Actually, Klaus is the one that saved me tonight," Marcel replied. "I'm gonna make things right, starting off by giving him his brother back."

"No," Agatha said, her forehead furrowed. "What? Agatha."

"No," she replied. "You said the old ones were dangerous." Davina nodded in agreement, both looking at Marcel determined.

"We won't give him back until we know how to kill them."