Tangled Up In Blue

TANGLED UP IN BLUE
(Edited)

REBEKAH WAITED OUTSIDE THE SHOP, turning to Sophie as she made her appearance.

"Oh, so glad you could make it,"
Rebekah started sarcastically. "Elijah only lies daggered and rotting whilst you dilly-dally."

"You're lucky I came at all," Sophie retorted "What do you want?"

"Hayley was attacked last night by Marcel's crew because somebody told him there was a werewolf in the Quarter. She only made one stop. Whoever saw her here ratted her out. Watch and learn."

Rebekah walked into the shop, Sophie following.

Inside the shop, Katie emerged from the back room with a box, seeing Sophie.

Athan appeared from behind the counter, having been kneeling behind, apparently counting some vervain filled vials (not that anyone would know its vervain).

"Hey, Soph," Katie said.

"Hey, Katie."

Athan nodded, giving Sophie a grim look, before going back to counting and putting the vials in a box.

Rebekah came into view. Katie turned toward her, as she viewed an item from the store.

"That's filled with marigold—great for attracting the opposite sex," she told Rebekah. "It would look awesome on you."

Rebekah put it back.

"I very seriously doubt that." Rebekah walked closer. "Do you have any others, one with, say—I don't know—wolfsbane, perhaps?"

Katie paused but her back was turned so Rebekah didn't see her face. Katie turned, as if nothing was wrong.

"Wolfsbane?" she asked

"Why would you want that?" Athan asked coming up from the counter. He looked at her, recognition dawning on him.

"You."

Rebekah smirked. "Me."

She vamped-speeded at Katie, holding her up by her neck.

"Please no not play dumb with me," Rebekah said, slamming her down on a table.

"Rebekah!" Both Athan and Sophie shouted.

"I just sold a werewolf some herbs," Katie told her. "That's all."

"Are you lying to me, Katie?" Rebekah asked, threateningly. "I suggest you answer my question honestly."

"Sophie, make her stop. She's gonna hurt Katie," Athan said, worried.

"Sophie," Katie choked out.

"Just answer the question, Katie, please," Sophie told her, ignoring both of them.

Katie looked down. "Yes. I told someone, but you don't understand. I—I love him."

Rebekah threw Katie down onto the floor violently, placing the heel of her stiletto directly over Katie's throat threateningly.

Wow, she's the best person I've ever met. Athan thought sarcastically. So kind, so loving, so...

"And tell me, who is this vampire Romeo of yours?"

Katie didn't answer.

"Shall I count to three?"