"You won't shoot me."

Requested.

I'm really behind on requests since I haven't updated in ages (major writer's block), but I promise if you sent one I'm working on it. Thank you for your patience :)

It was nearly midnight in November, creating the perfect pitch black atmosphere that allows you to easily blend into your surroundings

It was nearly midnight in November, creating the perfect pitch black atmosphere that allows you to easily blend into your surroundings. Your footsteps were silent, light as a feather dropping against the concrete of the alleyways. Any sound that might have been coming from your movement was covered by the boisterous noise of New York City at night. 

Just outside the mouth of the alley, you spotted a man jogging by. At least his movements looked like a jog, but his speed would easily match the sprint of an average man. Muscles, five hundred feet tall, and blond locks that complimented his bright blue eyes magically.

Captain America. Exactly who you were looking for.

You stalked behind him until he paused to take a drink from his water bottle. Once he dropped the empty bottle into a nearby recycling bin, you made your presence known by clearing your throat softly. He spun around and froze when his eyes landed on you.

"Late night run?" You kept your tone playful, but you could tell the gun aimed directly between his eyes had caused his tense posture. For good reason, of course.

His eyes flickered between you and the weapon. "Couldn't sleep."

You hummed softly. "Yes, I'm sure the pressures of being America's golden boy must be weighing on you."

"It's harder than it looks." He raised his hands with his palms toward you. You ignored his signal of surrender and took a step closer. "You really don't want to do this," he warned.

You chuckled. "It's not exactly a matter of 'want', Captain."

"What is it, then?" He held his breath as you paced closer. Your gun never moved from its target.

"In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of people out for your head." You shrugged. "I just happen to work for one of them."

Noticing his hand twitching, aching to be put to use against you, your fingers wrapped around his wrist. You spun him around and shoved his front against a nearby wall. You pressed his wrist against the middle of his back. You heard him wince when the bricks rubbed against his cheek as he turned his head to the side.

His eyes were wide and the stunned expression only added to your satisfaction. He probably wasn't used to being overpowered, him being a super soldier and an Avenger. Much less by a significantly smaller woman.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." 

The name struck a chord and you momentarily released some of the pressure of your hold. It'd been years since you'd heard it, but it was still there in vague memory. Emotions overwhelmed you -- happiness, sadness, fear, anger -- all mixed in one. You had the sudden urge to scream, or vomit, but you suppressed it.