"You're being ridiculous."

"Leave me alone!" You screamed as you ran in a circle around the dining room table

"Leave me alone!" You screamed as you ran in a circle around the dining room table. Steve followed you, but you made sure to keep at least five feet between the two of you at all times. Maybe you were overreacting, but you didn't care. You weren't letting him get anywhere near you with that bottle.

"(Y/N)," he said with a hint of frustration. "You need to let me do this or you won't get better."

"I'd rather not get better than let you put those in my eyes." You said referring to the eye drops he held in his hand. A few days ago you'd come down with a nasty case of pink-eye and after a visit to the doctor, you'd been given a prescription to cure it. The only problem was that you hated anything coming close to your eyes. 

You ran around the table again when Steve suddenly came toward you.

"Stop!" He shouted. Usually that tone would make you do what he wanted, but not today. You weren't having it.

"You stop!" You screamed back. He once again tried to catch you, but you ran another circle. You smirked when he had to pause to rub his forehead. There's no doubt he was developing a headache. "I can do this all day." You used his line against him and placed your hands on your hips.

He dropped his hand and glared at you. His eyes were so intense that it made the smirk fall right off your face. 

When the phone rang, Steve instinctively walked to answer it. You used that as your chance to run out of the room, grab Steve's car keys, and sprint toward the front door. Steve, realizing your plan, decided to ignore the phone and let it go to voicemail before chasing after you.

You weren't fast enough to make it to do the door before Steve caught up to you.

"No, no, no, no, no!" You squealed when Steve wrapped both arms around your waist and lifted you off the ground. Despite the struggle you put up, he refused to set you down.

He carried you into the living room where he dropped you on the couch. Before you could get up and run away again, he sat on top of you, not with all of his weight, but enough to keep you down. He grabbed the keys out of your hand, knowing you'd use them as a weapon if you had to, and dropped them on the coffee table.

Steve moved the bottle down toward your eyes and when he was inches away you grabbed it from his hand and threw it across the room.

"(Y/N)!" He shouted. He rolled his eyes before leaning his head down toward you. "I'm going to get these in your eyes whether you like it or not. The more you fight me, the worse it will be for you." 

Very childishly, you stuck your tongue out at him in response.

"Stay!" He pointed a finger at you before he got up to retrieve the bottle.

"I'm not a dog," you muttered. 

When he had his back turned, you took that as your chance to get away. You probably made it about two feet before he grabbed your wrist and tugged you back. He pushed you back down on the couch, gently of course as he truly didn't want to hurt you, and took his spot right on top of you.

"If you do this, I'll no longer love you." You spit out through your clenched teeth. Steve ignored you and pinned your arms under his knees.

"You and I both know that's not true." Steve sighed when you squeezed your eyes shut. "C'mon, it's just one drop in each eye."

"Steve, please don't do this. I'm begging you." You made your voice sound like you were on the brink of tears, hoping it would guilt him into not doing it.

"You're being ridiculous. Open your eyes!" His voice became more raised with each word. You didn't say anything, just shook your head quickly.

Steve grabbed your chin with one hand to keep your head still. He used the other to both pry your eye open and release the drop into your eye, all the while ignoring your protests. Truth be told, you had no idea how he did it. He quickly did the same to the other eye. The cold liquid made you shiver slightly.

When he was done, you kept your eyes closed for a few minutes. Mostly because you didn't want to look your boyfriend in the eyes, especially after his betrayal. You only opened them when Steve moved back to the other side of the couch.

"I hate you," you grumbled as you pushed yourself up to sit.

Steve raised an eyebrow. "No, you don't. You're a terrible liar."

"This relationship is over." You watched him roll his eyes at you as he read the instructions on the bottle. He obviously wasn't taking anything you said seriously.

"I'll see you again in three hours." He stood from the couch and started walking towards your bedroom.

"You most definitely will not," you called after him. "Take what's yours and get out because we're done."

He stopped and turned to look at you. "(Y/N)," he said exasperatedly. 

You acted casual and grabbed the TV remote from the coffee table. "I'm serious."

"No you're not." You ignored him and flipped through the channels. "Alright." He started walking back to you.

"What are you doing?" You asked when he grabbed the remote from your hand. "That's mine."

"Half of it is mine, too." He popped the batteries out. 

"How are you going to take half the remote?" You refused to look at him and instead glared at the TV. It was playing a random car insurance advertisement.

"Watch me." He broke the remote in half over his knee. 

You stared at the remote that was cleanly split in two. "Steve!" He dropped the two pieces and batteries onto the couch beside you. You crossed your arms and slouched further down. "This is what I wanted to watch anyway." Steve raised an eyebrow at the TV that was on a news channel. "You can go now."

Steve sighed and stared at you. It took everything in you not to look at him, but you knew the second you looked into his baby blue eyes you'd forgive him. He walked away from you to turn the TV off.

"Hey," you said and sat up straight, despite the fact that you weren't really watching it.

He grabbed his keys off the coffee table before approaching you again. He lifted you up with an arm under your knees and the other supporting your back.

"What do you think you're doing?" You wrapped your arms around his neck, just in case he would drop you because he was frustrated.

"You said to take what's mine and leave." He shrugged and walked to the front door. "That's you, you're mine." You felt your heart skip a beat at his words.

You couldn't help the blush that spread across your face. You finally decided to meet his gaze and you could feel your anger dissipating. "Smooth, Cap." You laughed when he rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. You pressed a kiss to his cheek which made him chuckle.

"Let's get some food. I'm starving." He opened the door and carried you outside to his car.

"I don't have shoes," you pointed out when he set you down on the passenger seat.

"We'll use the drive-through." He closed your door and got in on the other side.

You buckled your seat belt, crossed your arms, and failed miserably to hide your smile. "I'm still mad."

"Yeah, uh-huh." Steve smiled.