"Two can play at that game."

"Who is that?" You asked Natasha who was sat beside you at the bar

"Who is that?" You asked Natasha who was sat beside you at the bar. You gestured toward Steve and an unknown blonde woman who was beside him. 

"That's his date," she mumbled in response. 

"He brought a date to Tony's party?" You tried to hide how hurt you felt, but failed. After all, it'd only been six days since you'd broken up with him. "If I'd have known he was bringing someone I would have..." Your voice trailed off when you saw him throw back his head, laughing at something the blonde had said.

Your relationship with Steve lasted nearly three years and there was no real reason you two had called it quits, which made it especially hard to move on. You simply felt like you were gradually drifting apart. Steve was gone for long periods of time on missions and you were left home alone with no way of contacting him. When he returned, things felt off.

You ended it by saying you needed space. Steve didn't fight for you, he let you go even though what you really needed was for him to hold onto you. 

"Two can play at that game." You put your glass down and ignored Natasha when she called your name as an attempt to stop you from whatever you were about to do.

You marched right up to Steve and the woman. "Hey, Steve," you said overly cheerily with a fake smile plastered on your face.

"Hi." He was smirking, as if he knew how much his date was bothering you.

"How have you been?" You ignored the woman beside him completely, you didn't even glance in her direction.

"I've been great, actually."

"Oh? I must say, I've missed the hundreds of messages you used to send me daily. I also noticed that I haven't seen your car parked outside my house in a while, that used to be every day I'd see you with those binoculars peeking through my window." It was your turn to smirk now as Steve's fell off his face. The blonde glanced back and forth between you two, eyebrows raised in both confusion and concern. She quickly took a few steps away from him.

"I never--."

"Oh well. I mean, it's probably for the best. My neighbors were starting to worry, especially since that time you tried to break in while I was in the shower." You smiled. "And now I guess don't have to file for that restraining order."

"(Y/N)." He was angry, you could tell by his tone and facial expression.

"It was nice chatting with you. I guess I'll see you around." You gave him one last look before walking away, smiling smugly to yourself. You caught Natasha's eye from where she still sat at the bar. Shock was evident on her face, but you could also see her nodding as if in approval. 

You made it about ten feet before a hand gripped your arm harshly and spun you around. His face was red, but not because he was blushing, he was mad. You were still smiling.