"Then why would you choose him? Over me?" (Part 3)

This was requested by @Sushant_khurana_14 I had an idea and went with it. Hopefully you like it.

The first few weeks were the hardest

The first few weeks were the hardest. You spent many sleepless nights staring at your ceiling, silently crying to yourself. You rarely left your room and kept your curtains closed to block out the light. You never knew what day it was. The only indication of the time passing was Tony bringing food into your room, but it sat mostly uneaten on your nightstand until he replaced it with the next meal.

You had a feeling Tony heard what had gone down that night. He never asked about it and that's what clued you in. Being the protective and caring brother he was, he wouldn't have just let your hours of sobbing go unless he knew why it happened.

After that came the anger. You managed to get some sleep, but you'd dream of him and wake up feeling the need to break something. Most of the time you would throw the tray of food against the wall, breaking the plate and cup, scattering the food across the floor, and sometimes the fork would get lodged in the wall which for some odd reason gave you a hint of pleasure. Maybe because you imagined the wall as his face. That usually calmed you down and allowed you a few more hours of rest before you repeated the cycle. 

A month after he left, Tony convinced you open your curtains. Despite the lingering sadness, the sun managed to make you smile at times. A few days after that, your brother got you to leave your door open during the day. This allowed a few visitors who you never talked to. You just listened, after all they weren't who you really wanted to see.

One and a half months passed and at this point you were back to playing video games with Tony. He always let you win as he was afraid if he didn't it might set you off. He invited friends over sometimes, Rhodey was there pretty often and Peter occasionally showed up when he had off school. Pepper was always there and she had you help her bake, even though you weren't very good at it, but you were finally eating regularly and she wanted to make sure you were getting some fresh cookies since you always loved them. You kept telling them you were fine, but anytime anyone brought up anything slightly related to him, you retreated to your bedroom once more.

No one ever said his name and for that you were grateful. 

It wasn't until two months after the incident that you were able to get out of the house. Tony managed to get you a few hours outside despite being on house arrest. He was granted the ability to remove your ankle monitor and he took you grocery shopping as you were finally eating regularly again.

That day was the first time Tony asked you about it.

"So, I know it's a topic you've been avoiding." He glanced at you out of the corner of his eye as he drove back home from the store. "But how are you?"

You stared out the window at the passing cars. You didn't know how to answer his question. If you told the truth, that your heart was absolutely torn to pieces, he'd insist you tell him exactly what happened. If you lied and said you were great, he would see right through it and call you out, which would then lead him to question you about that night. Either way, it led to the same conclusion of you having to explain your break up and you weren't ready to talk about it. You could barely think about it without wanting to burst into tears.