"She's just a friend." (Part 4)

Once again, many of you requested for me to continue this. After this part, I'm going to take a break from this storyline to catch up on other requests, but if you still want another part, let me know. Hope you enjoy.

You stared at the stick in your hand grasped tightly between your fingers

You stared at the stick in your hand grasped tightly between your fingers. The two lines had sent a shock through your body and you were literally frozen in front of the bathroom sink. The fingers of the hand that wasn't gripping it tight were clamped over your mouth to hide the loud, gasping breaths you were taking rapidly.

You laid the test down next to the other three, all showing the same results. The first time, you'd thought you'd messed it up, so you tried another. This kept going until you'd used all four of the pregnancy tests you'd bought and at this point, you couldn't convince yourself even slightly that they were a false positives.

"Shit," you mumbled quietly after standing there for several more minutes in complete silence. 

Without thinking, you swept your arm across the sink, sending all the tests flying into the bathroom wall. You cradled your head in your heads, shaking it slightly as you pressed your back against the bathroom door, sliding down slowly until you were on the floor. You didn't realize you were crying until you felt the drops dampening your shirt.

You jumped at a soft knock behind you.

"(Y/N)?" Natasha asked quietly. You'd been staying with her for the last few weeks after you'd left Steve. She helped you dodge him every time he reached out to you and for that you were grateful. "You okay in there?"

You pushed yourself up to stand and wiped under your eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine." You cringed at the way your voice cracked.

"Are you sure?" You heard the door knob twist and for a moment thought you may have forgotten to lock it. When it didn't open, you let out a relieved sigh.

You nodded in response to her question, but then remembered that she couldn't see you. "I'll be out in a second."

"Okay, well I was gonna watch a movie if you want to join me." She tried to open the door again, but it was obviously still locked.

"Sounds good." You quickly grabbed the tests from where they were scattered across the floor and threw them in the cabinet under the sink, hidden behind extra bottles of shampoo and conditioner until you could come back to throw them away later.

You opened the door and Natasha stood there with her arms crossed. She glanced you up and down, taking in your slightly disheveled appearance. 

"You positive you're alright?" She raised an eyebrow.

You nodded. "Yup. Let's make some popcorn."

A few hours later, the credits were rolling after the movie and you were cleaning up the mess you'd made with the popcorn when Natasha walked in. You froze when you saw her expression.