"She's just a friend."

Requested by ClarrisaRose

You'd never considered yourself a paranoid person, but when Steve started staying out late and rarely told you where he was going, you began to think the worst and took it upon yourself to discover what he was doing

After talking to both Natasha and Tony, you found out that Steve had recently rekindled his friendship with Sharon Carter, who was not someone you hated, but you definitely didn't get along with her. The few times you'd had an interaction with Sharon, she always found a way to flirt with Steve and ignored the fact that you were his girlfriend.

So, needless to say, you were upset when you found out about his secret meetings with her, which led you to ignore him all day. 

Steve noticed that you were avoiding him, but since you hadn't spoken to him, he wasn't sure of the reason why. It wasn't until he'd come back from a meeting that he was able to find you in your shared apartment. 

You turned quickly when you saw him approaching, walking back in the direction that you came from, but he quickly caught up and came to a stop directly in front of you.

"Steve, move," you grumbled. His smile fell after hearing your tone.

"What's wrong?" He asked, an eyebrow raised at your uncharacteristic irritability. 

"Nothing, just move. You're in the way." You pushed past him and into the kitchen. He followed you after a moment of hesitation.

"I got you a milkshake." He held out the styrofoam cup for you to take, but you ignored him.

"Thanks, but no thanks." You poured yourself a glass of water and rolled your eyes when Steve came closer, hand still outstretched. "I'm good."

"It's your favorite," he said, trying to convince you take it. You glared at him and slammed your cup back on the counter after taking a sip.

"I don't want a stupid milkshake, Steve!" You snapped. 

His eyebrows scrunched together as he watched you. He walked closer until he was less than a foot away. You took a deep breath to calm yourself down.

"(Y/N)," he said quietly, setting the milkshake on the counter beside your glass of water. "What's going on?"

Your eyes narrowed as you looked up at him. You shook your head. "Nothing. I'm fine." Forgetting about your drink, you walked quickly around him and out of the kitchen once more, heading toward your room. 

"(Y/N)," he called as he chased after you. He wrapped a hand around your wrist and spun you back around to face him. "Come on, talk to me."

"Why?" You asked and ripped your arm out of his grip. "So you can sneak out to see Sharon tonight without having to worry about coming home to your angry girlfriend?"