"I really don't know who he is."

After a long day of work, you'd finally made it back to your apartment

After a long day of work, you'd finally made it back to your apartment. You were exhausted and really just wanted to go to bed, but you knew that if you didn't eat something first you'd wake up in the middle of the night starving. You kicked off your shoes and left them by the door, then dropped your keys and bag onto the small table to your right before walking down the hall to your small kitchen. You struggled to walk through the dark and silently cursed yourself for neglecting to turn on any lights. 

Once you reached the doorway, you were pulled back roughly and shoved against the opposite wall before you could even set foot in the kitchen.

"What the he--?" You cut yourself off when you felt the cool blade of a knife rest against your neck. You took a shaky breath and looked at the face of your attacker. Even in the dark, you could make out a few features. The bottom half of his face was covered with a mask, only leaving his piercing blue eyes visible. His shoulder length dark hair was windblown and tangled, almost like he'd been running for a while.

"Where is he?" He spoke slowly and took longer breaks than normal between each word. It was like he had to really think about what he was saying. It was almost robotic. You were unable to answer, you were frozen with fear. "Answer me."

"Who?" You managed to spit out between fast ragged breaths.

"The man who lives a few doors down." Your face scrunched in confusion. You'd only recently moved here to D.C. and you didn't really know the neighbors all that well. You had a feeling he was talking about the blond-haired, blue eyed guy who you'd passed a few times in the hallway. You thought he was cute, but you'd never been able to work up the courage to actually talk to him.

"I-I really don't know him that well." You held your breath when he pressed his knife slightly harder against your neck. He hadn't actually cut you yet, but he was pretty close to doing so.

"What's his name?"

"I don't know!" Your voice raised slightly. You really didn't know his name. Your interactions never went farther than smiling briefly at each other.

"You're lying." You sighed in relief when the knife was removed from your neck, but after a few seconds it was replaced with a cold hand. A metal hand?

"I'm not. I promise I'm telling the truth." You choked when his hand gripped your neck tighter, making it much harder to breathe. Your hands grabbed his arm and tried to force it off you, but it was no use.

"Tell me the truth." You started gasping for air when his hand tightened once more. When his hand pulled away, you collapsed to the ground. The sudden intake of air made you cough and wheeze. Your hand flew up to your neck, it was slick with blood. He must have sliced you with his knife when he moved it away.

"I really don't know who he is." You managed to get out in between deep breaths. You glanced up at him and he was glaring down at you.

"Then I need you to find out." He grabbed your arm and pulled you to your feet. He kept his hand on you and yanked you back down the hallway to your living room before he let you go. You turned and watched him take a seat on your sofa.