"Too many tacos?"

"You look like you were run over by a truck

"You look like you were run over by a truck." Natasha watched you trudge into the kitchen. You glared at her, but knew it was true. You sat beside her at the table and groaned.

"I went to that new Mexican place last night." Tony put a glass of water in front of you before taking a seat on the other side of the table. You glared at the window as the morning sunlight was giving you a headache.

"Too many tacos?" Tony chuckled to himself and took a sip of coffee.

You glared at him. "That's funny." You said sarcastically. "No, I think I got food poisoning." You held your head in your hands and closed your eyes, hoping that would help with the nausea. "I was up all night throwing up."

Tony got up to retrieve a bottle of pills. He handed it to you before sitting again. "Here. Take one of these, it'll help."

"Thanks," you mumbled before swallowing the pill.

You kept your head down and you didn't realize Steve had walked into the room until Nat spoke to him.

"You're looking a little under the weather, too," she pointed out and watched him pour himself a glass of water. You tried to act casual as you sat up to see what she meant.

Steve was a little more pale than usual, but at least he looked like he got some sleep last night. Must be nice to have an enhanced immune system.

"I think it's food poisoning." Steve shrugged as he took a sip of water. You're whole body went rigid. "I went to the new Mexican restaurant last night. You know the one that just opened a few blocks from here?"

"Is that so?" Natasha smirked when your eyes met hers.

"I think it's pretty much run its course, though." He took a seat next to Tony. "I didn't have too many symptoms." You could feel his gaze on you, probably wondering why you looked so ill.

"Huh." Tony glanced back and forth between you and Steve. You avoided looking at either of them, hoping that would help subside the suspicion.

"What?" Steve set his glass on the table.

"I just find it interesting that both you and (Y/N) were at the same restaurant last night," Tony said. You could visibly see Steve tense up. "And you both got food poisoning."

"That's, uh, strange. I didn't even see her there. It must have been hours apart." Steve managed to stutter out. He was visibly flustered, his face was turning red. He glanced at you quickly, almost like he was looking for your approval of his reply, but you ignored him.

"Right, yeah of course." Tony eyed you. You feigned ignorance and took another sip of your drink. "So, why were you there, (Y/N)?"

"I was on a date." That wasn't a lie.

"With who?"

"A guy I used to go to school with." Now you were starting to make stuff up.

"What's his name?"