"Two can play at that game." (Part 2)

I got a few requests to write a second part for this one. @harrehskiwi and @Sushant_khurana_14 were two of them.

 @harrehskiwi and @Sushant_khurana_14 were two of them

"Who's Josh?" 

You tried and failed to hide the smug smirk from your face at his surprised expression. Since your last encounter with Steve three days ago, he had been ignoring you and somehow managed to avoid you the entire time. So, you decided to go out and find yourself a boyfriend. If he was going to act like that night never happened, you were going to do the same.

"Josh is my boyfriend." You shrugged and took a sip of your drink. It was lunch time and you were hanging out at Tony's place with the rest of the team. Everyone was currently watching a movie, besides you and Steve who were still in the kitchen finishing up your meals. 

"Since when?" You shrugged once more. "How did you meet?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it does. You can't just go out and pick some random guy off the street to call your boyfriend."

"I didn't." You rolled your eyes at his assumption. "I used to work with him." That was true. You and Josh worked together for about a year before you joined SHIELD. You always knew he had a crush on you, but whenever he tried to make advances you'd brush him off. With his dark hair and eyes, sharp features, and modern lifestyle, he just wasn't your type. You'd always had a thing for old-fashioned blonds with blue eyes.

"Really?" Steve narrowed his eyes in disbelief. 

"You know, it hurts that you think I'm not good enough to have an actual guy in my life." You dumped the remainder of your drink in the sink before leaving the kitchen without waiting for his response. You heard Steve follow you. "He'll be here in about an hour." You called out over your shoulder. You'd invited Josh over to meet everyone, more specifically Steve. Of course you had to get Tony's permission and he was quick to give it to you, he wanted to see that drama unfold.

"Great," Steve muttered. "I look forward to meeting him."

"I'm sure you do."

~

Right on time, Josh showed up. He got along pretty quickly with most of the team. It was just Steve that didn't seem too pleased about his presence. Of course, he was nothing but polite, however you saw right through it. You could tell by his clenched fists and white knuckles that he was not too thrilled about Josh.

"So, how'd you two meet?" Bruce asked.

"We actually worked together for a while. We got to know each other pretty well as there weren't many other people on our shift," Josh said with a smile. You heard Steve scoff, but chose to ignore it. 

"Is that so?" Tony asked with a smirk. "How about we test that?"

"When's her birthday?" Clint said.