Chapter 22

Chapter 22

April’s POV

“I can’t believe he tried to take me.” I sobbed into Austin’s chest.

He only kissed my head and rubbed my back. “He isn’t going to get to you. I will not stand there and let him force you into something you do not want.”

“What if he finds where I am already? What of he’s on his way to attack me now? I don’t think I’ll be able to fight him off. All I can do is run away.”

Austin just held me to his chest as I continued to cry. We were in our bedroom to get a little bit of privacy. I can’t believe this. It wasn’t too long ago that I was just a girl that needed to struggle for food. Now I’m a witch that needs to stop a crazy vampire prince from trying to wed me. How the hell did my life turn upside down like this?

Just as I started to calm down a cloud of smoke appeared in front of me. I looked you to see that annoying girl from my party. Who was she again? Sarah? Leah? Michelle?

“What the hell are you doing here Selena?” Austin growled. So that was her name. I completely forgot.

“I’m here for you sweetheart. I know you’re hiding April somewhere in here. Just give her up and we can get married.” She tried to purr.

Of course throughout my crying I forgot to change back to my original form. “I don’t find that respectful being that I’m to marry him.”

“You’re just a figurine that is to hold April’s face. Once she’s found you will leave this little girl for April. Tell her the truth.” Selena glared.

“I don’t know what I did to you but can you please leave. I don’t think you’re welcomed here. Is she baby?” he shook his head and kissed my neck. “Well as you can see we’re a little busy. You can poof yourself out of here now.”

She growled and headed toward me. I don’t like her already and now she’s just making things worse for herself. “Get out of the bed and fight me you little whore. Austin is mine and always has been.”

I rolled my eyes and suddenly she was gone. I smirked to myself and Austin chuckled. “Did you to that to her Felicia?”

“Nope. Someone else did.” I heard my sister say. She suddenly appeared in front of me. “I’m happy I decided to watch everything. You would have lost her again to that idiot. You have to be more careful.”

“Well it’s not like I can argue with the Prince. I mean if you don’t do what he says then you’re a goner.”

“Well you need to start this attack. I got that little bitch out of here and put a few charms on the house so she can’t come on your grounds. You are very welcome for that. Also she has teamed up with Victor to get April back. While she hands April over she will take Austin here.”

“But I still don’t want her. Even before April got here I didn’t want her. So why if she’s gone would I want her. I’m going back to her even if my life depended on it.” Austin sighed.

“Why did you even marry her in the first place and for how long?” I asked curiously. By now Marissa sat at the edge of the bed, wanting to be nosey.

“Well I married her because my mother was forcing me into it. She wants grandkids and none of us were really looking to settle down. We drew straws on who would go and get married. I sadly got the shortest straw and I married the girl I was with at the time, who happened to be Selena. I thought it was going to be okay but Selena was just annoying. She wanted everything. And then when my mother was talking to her about grandchildren she yelled at her, calling her an old dried up hag. Of course this pissed my family off and I broke it off with her. It also helps to know that she was cheating on my too. Once I dumped her she got mad and said she was cheating on me anyway. I don’t get why she did it because it didn’t make her look any better. Ever since then really she just appears in my house when she wants to.” When he finished he just leaned back, thinking things over.

“Well that sucks for you.” my sister laughed. “You got stuck with her to get your mother happy but you all ended up suffering in the end. I’m kind of happy that our parents died when we were younger because I can feel that they were the type of people who would do that. Not in a cruel way but in a fun loving way. My adoptive parents would have just wanted them for power.”

I rolled my eyes at my sister. She is losing her mind but she’s really funny. Now that I have her it’s like she’s completed me. Not the way I feel with Austin though. This way is more family like. More like that if I didn’t have her then things would be worse without her. She looked toward me with a smile. “Did you hear a word that I just said?”

“I’m sorry what were you saying?” I asked blushing. I didn’t mean to zone out on her.

“I was asking when you were going to change back. Not that I don’t like the look but I want to look at my twin for right now. You’re safe from that twit also.”

I snapped my fingers and was back in my original form. Austin kissed me once I changed back. “I missed this body.”

I smiled and pecked his lips. “You sure. I mean you promised me something earlier but you still haven’t done anything that you promised.”

He gave me a smirk and leaned over me, kissing me aggressively. I moaned against him and then felt him disappear. I opened my eyes to see my sister smirking. “Where the hell did you put him?”

She giggled and pointed across the room. I looked up to see him in a cage, banging the glass angrily. I looked back at my sister and shook my head. “Let him out right now Marissa.”

“Nope. You have to figure it out. You are going to have to challenge Victor and his army soon and you need to know a lot of magic. I will help but I can’t help you all the time. I will be on one half and you will take care of the other.” And with that she just sat down.

I groaned and looked to Austin who was beyond pissed. “Take your time sweetie. I’ll wait until after you’re done with practice. Apparently your sister finds it nice to make me suffer.”

I giggled and looked to my sister who had a wide smile on her face. “I do like to see him suffer. But it’s good that he’s willing to suffer so you can learn. He may be a good man for my sister.”

“Question who is older?” I know there is an older twin. But which one of us is it?

“I don’t know. I would guess me. But I’m not sure. Not even the conduits are sure about it. Now you need to get to work. I’m sure your man wants to take care of your lust. By then end of this lesson, you’re going to need him to take care of you in that way.”

I smiled and looked to my Mutual. Austin smiled and leaned against the glass wall. “Come on sweetheart. The sooner I’m out of here the sooner we can have fun.”

I laughed and held out my hands, chanting different things to try and get him out.